I have been try to figure out an issue that only seems to be affecting Safari 5.1 or 6.0 on OSX 10.6.8 or 10.7. I can view the same reports as the same user on the same Mac as the same user in Chrome 27.0.1453.116 or Firefox 22. I have also tested iPads (iPad2 iOS 6.1), Android tablets and phones (ICS 4.0.4 and JB 4.2.2), and even an Microsoft Surface and they all work fine.
The issue is when viewing a report through SharePoint 2013 in Safari regardless of if the report has parameters or not is it looks like the page just keeps reloading. The problem is not that I can't see the report viewer which is most of the issues related to SSRS 2008R2 and 2012. I can see the report view and I can even put in parameters. However when I click Apply the follow activity occurs.
On Safari the following occurs
GET: 302 Found default.aspx /_login: Size 0B, Transfer 1.67KB
GET: 302 Found default.aspx /_windows Size 0B, Transfer 1.15KB
It seems like the browser is redirected to login again. If I do this with a report that does not have parameters the "Loading" gif will appear forever with the same cycle going on with the page loading over and over. I did read something about Safari not supporting pass through authentication in 5.1. However if that is the problem then why is Safari listed as a supported browser, or not listed with that caveat on the browser support page?
In Chrome this same set of step 302 to occur if I do not use the report for a while. After hitting apply the report appears to refresh to a blank report without any parameter values selected. The POST/GET activity mimics what I am seeing for Safari. However unlike Safari, if I immediately put the parameters in again and click apply the report works as expected. Also when the report loads as expected I do not see the 302 to default.aspx /_login and /_windows.
So what is different about Safari on OSX that is preventing it from displaying reports correctly when just about every other supported OS/Browser combination including some that aren't officially supported work perfectly fine with the same report?
- Edited by K_Laubscher Monday, July 08, 2013 8:29 PM Added SharePoint 2013 information
I went one step further to try to put as basic of a report out on SharePoint as possible. I created a new report without a data connection of any sorts. The report only contains one text box with generic text. Even this report on OSX 10.6.8 with Safari 5.1.9 fails to load properly. Like the prior reports, the page just appears to keep reloading showing the "Loading" circle gif image. All other part of SharePoint appear to work normally with Safari.
The issue appears to be with the SharePoint 2013 SSRS integration. I move the same report project to a different SQL2012 instance running SSRS native and published the exact same reports that are not working through a SharePoint 2013 BI Center instance. The reports work perfectly fine from Safari against a native SSRS instance. I am going to deploy the reports to a different SharePoint 2013 farm and see if I can replicate the results.
- Proposed as answer by Charlie LiaoMicrosoft contingent staff, Moderator Friday, July 12, 2013 3:05 AM
- Marked as answer by Charlie LiaoMicrosoft contingent staff, Moderator Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:00 AM
- Unmarked as answer by Charlie LiaoMicrosoft contingent staff, Moderator Monday, October 27, 2014 6:02 AM
Did you find that anything changed with using SSRS native? Or did you find a workaround/fix for going with SSRS integrated?
I am experiencing the same behaviour with SP2013 and SSRS 2012 when using Safari or Chrome on a Mac.
Firefox is working fine.
I did not find an answer. The best I could come up with is for reporting services web parts, set them not to load asynchronously (there is a tick box in the web part properties). For reports themselves, I have had to setup links to the reports and use sensible default parameters. If you lookup the specs for what can be passed in the URL there is also one that turns off asynchronous loading in this mode as well. This is less than ideal, but the best work around I have for Safari on Mac at the moment. Let us know if you find anything better. Regards, Richard
- Edited by Richard MM Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:14 PM Typo
I have the same problem. Please alter me if Microsoft fix the problem. There is a place similar to "connect.microsoft.com" where notice to Microsoft of problem/bug related to SharePoint 2013 and BI (for partner) ? Let me known. Thanks so much.
- Edited by PaoloLec Friday, January 24, 2014 11:23 AM
I've struck the same issue on SharePoint 2013 SP1 with SQL Server 2012 SP2.
As this thread has "helpfully" been marked as answered, I've started a fresh one here:
I haven't got any answers from my new forum thread (previous post), so I've created a new issue on Connect to try to raise the profile of this issue. Please vote and comment if you have struck this issue also:
That Connect Bug (see previous post) has got a response from Matt at Microsoft. He advised that Mac Safari support for SSRS 2012 only works for Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.7. It seems some breaking change was introduced in Mac OS X 10.8.
So he has closed it as "Resolved - By Design".
Our Macs are currently on OS X 10.9 and 10.10 was recently released.
SQL 2014 might offer better support - I have one client planning to start upgrading in the New Year.
That Connect bug has just got a further comment from Matt at Microsoft. He is now saying that their decision on whether to fix this issue depends on the votes for that Connect bug. Please go to this link and vote and comment if you are interested in this issue:
- Edited by Mike Honey - Manga Solutions Tuesday, November 11, 2014 12:07 AM