none
Unable to extract and upload PackageInfo.xml error when uploading .cab for driver signing RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is the right forum but best match I've found so far.

I'm following the examples for generating a cab file and signing it but when I go to uploaded it for signing I get  PackageInfo.xml error. Not mention of PackageInfo.xml in any of the microsoft examples and was advised that this only occurs in IE. Well all browsers are throwing the error for me.

Anyone run into this and have any idea where to start looking ?

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 1:11 AM

All replies

• Encountered same error.

It looks like .js code on upload page can not unpack .hlkx file. So, I unzipped-rezipped it (.hlkx actually is .zip) and uploaded again. It worked.

Friday, June 23, 2017 2:58 PM
  • Repackage to solve the issue.

• Rename the current .hckx/hlkx file to .zip.
      • Extract to a folder.
      • Open the folder.
    • Select all items, then right-click and select Send to Compressed zip folder.
    • Rename the new .zip folder as .hckx/.hlkx.
    • Upload the new .hckx/.hlkx file.
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 2:53 AM
  • This used to work perfectly for me, however today with the newest HLK Studio (10.0.16299.15) I get the same error on the repackaged submittal. 

I have tried the "send to compressed zip folder" as well as 7zip with the same results.  

File compares on the unzipped folders reveal identical contents.

Any ideas what to try next?

Thursday, March 8, 2018 7:20 PM
  • Did you resolve this issue?

I have the same problem too. My last submission from 3/12/2018 was OK, but now I cannot submit nothing (even the old packages which were already submitted and were OK).

Thursday, March 15, 2018 1:26 PM
  • Pls raise a support ticket with details of your old package (private productid, submission id)
    Sunday, March 18, 2018 6:01 PM
  • Hi team,

We are facing same issue while uploading cab file for driver signing. 

>>"Pls raise a support ticket with details of your old package (private productid, submission id)"

We have referred above link and noticed this is just a feedback page. Could you please provide solution for this issue?

We would need to sign our driver files and provide to our customer ASAP. Please help on this issue.

Thanks,

Friday, November 8, 2019 2:16 PM