none
Rick Click In Rich Text-Box RRS feed

• Question

• I have noticed that when I right click in a rich text box for a list item in SharePoint, no context menu comes up.  Is this just how SharePoint works?  I had a user ask me about this and I have never noticed whether or not right clicking worked in these textboxes. 
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 4:30 PM

Answers

• Ah, I see where you are going now. I thought you were expecting a special right-click menu. It does appear that the rich text boxes disable the right click and thus disable copy and paste. However there are copy and paste icons in the rich text editing bar that appears. They could just click paste from the bar.
    Randy Drisgill | The Mossman Blog | SharePoint Branding Services
    • Marked as answer by DorkRawk Tuesday, October 7, 2008 8:29 PM
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 7:59 PM

All replies

• What would you expect to happen? There are no right click funcitons for text boxes on a list. If it is a rich text field there will be a rich text editor bar that appears above it when you left click in the field.
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 6:59 PM
  • My user was expecting to be able to right click and copy/paste.  I want to confirm that this is not how SharePoint works out of the box.
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 7:22 PM
  • Ah, I see where you are going now. I thought you were expecting a special right-click menu. It does appear that the rich text boxes disable the right click and thus disable copy and paste. However there are copy and paste icons in the rich text editing bar that appears. They could just click paste from the bar.
    • Marked as answer by DorkRawk Tuesday, October 7, 2008 8:29 PM
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 7:59 PM