none
Visual Studio 2015 - Trying to create a Simple C++ Console app

Question

• I am coming back to VS after not using it for a few years.  I need to create a simple console application.  However, no framework is listed in the new project templates for a C++ Console App (even looking on-line), there is one for C#, but I need to use C++.

I then tried to use the StandardCppWin32AppVSIX template thinking that might be close.  However, when I do I get an error HRESULT_0x80041FE2.

Thanks much.

strom48

Monday, August 22, 2016 8:42 PM

Answers

• >I am coming back to VS after not using it for a few years.  I need to create a simple console application.  However, no framework is listed in the new project templates for a C++ Console App (even looking on-line), there is one for C#, but I need to use C++.

You need to use File, New Project
    Templates, Visual C++
    Win32, Win32 Console Application

Dave

Monday, August 22, 2016 9:17 PM
  • Hi strom48,

As far as I know, after we installed VS2015, C++ language has been installed by default and C# may be set as a default develop language. If we want to create a c++ project, we should find c++ project template under Other Languages, please refer to the following screenshot:

>>use the StandardCppWin32AppVSIX template

Could you please share me which template you have created, and StandardCppWin32AppVSIX is belong to which develop language?

If this error message occurred after you installed Visual Studio, this may be cause by VS IDE. I suggest you could repair your Visual Studio through the following steps:

click start->control panel-> programs and features->right-click Microsoft Visual Studio VS 2015->change -> click Repair

If this error appeared recently and it works fine before. I think this may be caused by Add-ins in Visual Studio. You could start your VS in safe mode, which could prevent all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution. Please refer to the following steps:

Click Start->Developer Command Prompt for VS-> type “devenv.exe /SafeMode

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:49 AM

All replies

• >I am coming back to VS after not using it for a few years.  I need to create a simple console application.  However, no framework is listed in the new project templates for a C++ Console App (even looking on-line), there is one for C#, but I need to use C++.

You need to use File, New Project
    Templates, Visual C++
    Win32, Win32 Console Application

Dave

Monday, August 22, 2016 9:17 PM
  • Hi strom48,

As far as I know, after we installed VS2015, C++ language has been installed by default and C# may be set as a default develop language. If we want to create a c++ project, we should find c++ project template under Other Languages, please refer to the following screenshot:

>>use the StandardCppWin32AppVSIX template

Could you please share me which template you have created, and StandardCppWin32AppVSIX is belong to which develop language?

If this error message occurred after you installed Visual Studio, this may be cause by VS IDE. I suggest you could repair your Visual Studio through the following steps:

click start->control panel-> programs and features->right-click Microsoft Visual Studio VS 2015->change -> click Repair

If this error appeared recently and it works fine before. I think this may be caused by Add-ins in Visual Studio. You could start your VS in safe mode, which could prevent all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution. Please refer to the following steps:

Click Start->Developer Command Prompt for VS-> type “devenv.exe /SafeMode

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:49 AM