'document' for itext# not defined RRS feed

• Question

• User-146799434 posted

in my vs2008 webproject I have the bin directory under the app root directory with the itext# .dll and everything works ok

visualStudio/websites/myAppDir/bin

when loaded the app to my website, it appears its not be finding it there, see error message below

the website directory structure is webroot/subDir1/myAppRootDir/bin/ (with the .dll), the  .aspx program using itext# is in the myAppRootDir directory, ? how to find where program is looking for the .dll? or better yet how to direct progam to look in the bin directory under my app as described in the path above

Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'Document' is not defined.
    Line 540: Dim document As New Document(PageSize.A4, 50, 50, 25, 25)

Saturday, February 16, 2013 5:09 PM

All replies

• User-650628323 posted

Hi,

the website directory structure is webroot/subDir1/myAppRootDir/bin/ (with the .dll), the  .aspx program using itext# is in the myAppRootDir directory, ? how to find where program is looking for the .dll? or better yet how to direct progam to look in the bin directory under my app as described in the path above

From your description, it seems like that your are using itextsharp. This issue will happen when the path is not correct. In order to resolve your issue, please put the bin directory with DLL to the project root.

Please check the similar thread below:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1686526.aspx/1

Best wishes,

Friday, February 22, 2013 2:00 AM
  • User-146799434 posted

thanks for the reply. I have put the itextsharp .dll in all the bin folders I can find.

the hoster is godaddy, the website path from server.mappath("/") is d/hosting/mySiteWebRoot

there is a bin directory under the web root, d/hosting/mySiteWebRoot/bin/ I put the .dll in there as well as a bin directory that is under my application root directory and still get the error

If godaddy has a IIS setup something like c:\inetpub\webroot with all the websites under webroot, I am very sure they will not let hosted users put various .dll's in the top bin directory under webroot. 

Friday, February 22, 2013 3:13 AM