none
Application will not deploy on other PC's (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1) RRS feed

• Question

• Have developed an application in VS 2010 C# which uses an externally referenced dll. Applcation runs on 2 pcs (xp and win7) but will not run on two more (xp and win7). I have verified .NET 4 is on all 4 PC's. The exception is detailed below. I have confirmed that the dll is available on the other PC's.

System.IO.FileLoadException was unhandled
      Message=Could not load file or assembly 'rcppnet, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a33c60a93223f6bb' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
      Source=FT
      FileName=rcppnet, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a33c60a93223f6bb
      FusionLog=""
      StackTrace:
           at FT.main..ctor()
           at FT.Program.Main() in C:\projects\FT\FT\Program.cs:line 23
           at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
           at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
           at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
           at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
           at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
      InnerException: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
           Message=This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
           ErrorCode=-2147010895
           InnerException:

• Moved by Andrew.Wu Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:31 AM (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Monday, March 7, 2011 3:06 PM

Answers

• I think the problem may cause by some reasons:

1.       You need to set the right path of the externally referenced dll. If it is suitable for adding to GAC,

you can add the dll to GAC.

2.       You can check your compile option. If it is compiled with /AnyCPU, it may occurs the similar problem. In this condition, you can build your app with x86 option, it will run as 32 bit app on 32-bit OS and executes on 32 bit CLR under WOW64 on 64-bit OS.

You can check the reason as above.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Paul Zhou Monday, March 14, 2011 4:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:32 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 4:37 AM

All replies

• What is that Dll? A search reveals nothing. Is it yours?  Is it C++? Managed code?

That error is: "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail. "

so what is in the event log?

Phil Wilson
    Monday, March 7, 2011 8:05 PM
  • Hi cork,

I move this post to the CLR forum, you can get more efficient response in that forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:31 AM
  •  Hi cork204,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

I assume that you have installed the same version of .NET Framework in the PCs with your app’s target Framework.

Firstly, as you said, the assembly couldn’t be loaded is the externally referenced dll in your app, am I right?

Is this dll managed or unmanaged? How do you add it to your project? Have you set the right path of it?(I assume you have already copy the same dll to the 4 PCs in the right path).

Secondly, which /platform option is your dll compiled with? AnyCPU or x86 or x64? And the 4 PCs are all 32-bit? Or 64-bit?

We need some more information so that we may post a better response.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]

Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:46 AM
  • I think the problem may cause by some reasons:

1.       You need to set the right path of the externally referenced dll. If it is suitable for adding to GAC,

you can add the dll to GAC.

2.       You can check your compile option. If it is compiled with /AnyCPU, it may occurs the similar problem. In this condition, you can build your app with x86 option, it will run as 32 bit app on 32-bit OS and executes on 32 bit CLR under WOW64 on 64-bit OS.

You can check the reason as above.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]

• Proposed as answer by Paul Zhou Monday, March 14, 2011 4:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:32 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 4:37 AM