Windows Security Clipboard

Question

• I want to implement an application can create private  Clip Board for Windows RT 8.1.

But on Windows RT 8.1 has an event "contentChanged" allow another application catch data in the Clipboard.

Have any solution on Windows 8.1 RT allows create customer clipboard, so it just available on my application?

Currently we are creating custom for textbox control to make private clipboard.

But on WebView we can't, because WebView does not have ContextMenu.

Do you have any solution?

Thanks for your support.

Monday, January 26, 2015 11:45 AM

Answers

• Do you own these external pages? Try to inject some scripts into that page for instance create a mouse right click panel and pass the selected text out of browser by window.external.notify(), handle that text in your app.

If you need more code samples, please find them on http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wsdevsol/archive/2012/10/18/nine-things-you-need-to-know-about-webview.aspx

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:19 AM
  • Actually webview in Windows Store App is not a browser, it has some limitation for instance the alert() or contextmenu is not available.

If you want to inject script to webview, I don't think the location is a big issue, simply inject the scripts into the <script> tag, or it is possible to download the source code and edit the HTML then display this local string in webview.

Besides I don't think inject script will need you modify wildcard URI in manifest.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, January 30, 2015 8:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Khiem,

We definitely can pass content from Webview to outside, not making a context Menu but you can design a div to let it display as a context menu, see Matt's blog for more information: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wsdevsol/archive/2014/04/03/ten-things-you-need-to-know-about-webview-_2d00_-an-update-for-windows-8.1.aspx#AN5

--James

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 1:53 AM

• Can you give me more detail ? I use webview to load external page.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 4:23 AM
  • Do you own these external pages? Try to inject some scripts into that page for instance create a mouse right click panel and pass the selected text out of browser by window.external.notify(), handle that text in your app.

If you need more code samples, please find them on http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wsdevsol/archive/2012/10/18/nine-things-you-need-to-know-about-webview.aspx

--James

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:19 AM
  • No i'm not own that page.

I expect my webview can use as a browser.

So if inject javascript to webview. it can be inject to iframe, embed, object ? And add wildcard URI *.* to Package.appxmanifest ?

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 7:45 AM
  • Actually webview in Windows Store App is not a browser, it has some limitation for instance the alert() or contextmenu is not available.

If you want to inject script to webview, I don't think the location is a big issue, simply inject the scripts into the <script> tag, or it is possible to download the source code and edit the HTML then display this local string in webview.

Besides I don't think inject script will need you modify wildcard URI in manifest.

--James

Friday, January 30, 2015 8:19 PM