none
bing ads api authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, soap-people :)

ruby and json -person has here some trouble with API.

First, what data is "username","CustormerAccountId", and "CustomerId"?

"Token" and "password" -- they are understandable.

I can see "Account Id", "Account Number", "Customer" and "Account Name" on bing...

"Customer" is shown all uppercase and all lowercase -- it could be the "username"?

Second, samples presented on MSDN for ruby and python both fail with libraries on ubuntu 12.04 --

are they really supposed to work as they are?

/Ari Siitonn

Friday, May 30, 2014 11:34 AM

All replies

• Hello.

Do you sign into Bing Ads with an email address / Microsoft account? Bing Ads implements the implicit and authorization grant flows of the OAuth 2.0 protocol to enable authentication of Microsoft Accounts that are linked to Bing Ads accounts. You may authenticate for Bing Ads production services with a Microsoft Account, instead of providing the Bing Ads username and password set. For more information, see Managing User Authentication with OAuth. For more information on credentials and identifiers, please see Getting Started With the Bing Ads API.

The version 8 python samples work in the environment documented; however, version 8 is being sunset this month so you should use Bing Ads API Version 9. We have not published python samples in version 9, and do not yet have an ETA. You are most welcome to post your sample or SOAP request / response, and I'm happy to take a look and help troubleshoot any open issues.

I hope this helps!

Monday, June 2, 2014 5:54 PM
    Owner