Your tenant administrator has to approve this app message on SharePoint Provider Hosted App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing SharePoint Provider hosted app to get all Site Collection details like Title, url and quota... from SharePoint Online tenant using App Only policy. I am requesting Read/Manage permissions on Tenant from AppManifest.xml.

Below is the error message I am getting...

Error Message

Note: 

1. I am the global administrator.
    2. Set  AllowAppOnlyPolicy="true".
    3. There is no link to send this app for approval and there is no app in App Catalog to approve.
    4. If I request write permissions on Web or Site Collection level, this is working fine. users who are having read access also, able to add the items to list from this app.

Please let me know, if is there any other approaches to achieve this ( without passing/hard coding login credentials).

Thanks in advance....

• Edited by Baindla Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:36 PM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Baindla,

It seems that registering app principle for a tenant full control app won't be possible as you need to have an app which go through approval process by tenant admin.

The issue is even if you are a tenant admin and the trust button will be always disabled.

The work around is to create a SharePoint add-in .app file and upload it to your app catalog, then the approval process will kick in and you can then use the clienID and secret in your apponly scenario.

For more details:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1940f20b-bd99-490f-b620-6c1e9dcd473d/your-tenant-administrator-has-to-approve-this-app?forum=appsforsharepoint

Best Regards,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 19, 2016 8:05 AM
  • Hi Baindla,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jmpm82 Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:39 PM
    Monday, August 29, 2016 1:22 AM
  • I have same issue when deploying my solution using Visual Studio. This makes it hard to develop solutions in Visual Studio 2015 using the tooling provided to developers. This will cause a lot of problems for developers.  I will use the workaround.  
    Friday, September 30, 2016 7:30 AM