Timeline for Solver Foundation replacement ? RRS feed

• Question

• The good news:

Our team is investigating enhancements to a system that loads cargo aircraft. MSF looks to be the perfect tool.

The bad news:

End of life!

Does anyone have any details on when the replacement for this prduct will be available?

Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:47 AM

All replies

• The announcement on the front page of the forum reads:

"We are working hard on integrating Microsoft Solver Foundation into a larger analytics framework that will help users build both prescriptive and predictive analytics.  We look forward to releasing this new product for your use as soon as we are able to do so.  This new product will provide a migration path for current Solver Foundation users and partners. "

That was 7 months ago, and there has been no other information since. I have my doubts if there will be a replacement.

Nate

Friday, December 7, 2012 6:54 PM
  • Any updates / timeline of Analytics Framework to replace the Microsoft Solver Foundation?

Many Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:31 AM
  • Davy

how are you doing? Are you still looking for this information or did you already get help from Microsoft?

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 11:47 AM
  • I think everyone who is still monitoring this forum is wondering about the new framework. There have been 2-3 others this year asking about the replacement framework. It's been about 2 years with no official or even unofficial word from Microsoft. So, any news or information about it would be welcome.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 12:29 PM
  • If we haven't heard by now, I would suggest looking at another solution.  Personally, I use the F# R provider to connect to the optimization libraries available with R.  At least you know it is a platform actively maintained and updated.
    Wednesday, October 1, 2014 6:43 PM