none
Capture the webservice’s response from application after timeout sent to client RRS feed

• Question

• I’m having a WCF application with 30 methods exposed to clients.In that one of the method is communicating to 10 external web services (sequentially) and responding to client. Currently in config file sendtimeout has been set to 1 minute for each of the 10 external web service (my WCF application should respond to client within 5 minutes to overcome the browser time out issue), If one of the 10 external web services is failing to respond within 1 minute then I’m throwing time-out error to my client application.

Problem: In external web services communication, The application handling the financial related data, based on the successful processing.

Question : Is it possible to capture the external web service’s response from application after timeout sent to client?

Thanks,
    Jp

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 11:26 AM

Answers

• Hi jayaprakashn,

>>Is it possible to capture the external web service’s response from application after timeout sent to client?

According to your description, in my opinion is that, when your WCF application

get response from web services before timeout then clients  can get response

form WCF application. So, if that one of the method is communicating to 10

external web services, then WCF application  can get response from different

web service, if  one of the 10 external web services is failing to respond within

1 minute  and you want to use those response result  to generate a final result,

then client can't get final result response. But, we can store  the 9 webservice 

response  and recall that one webservice, if we get the response ,we also store it.

And we can write a new method to generate final

result to sent client. 

I hope that will be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Tracy Grady

Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:16 AM