Logon fails - Administrator Account, Automatic Logon, User Account, Windows Logon components in the build
Using Windows Embedded Standard 2009 with only a couple custom components I find that I can not log onto a system that the OS was built after running through the first time boot sequence. A "Log On to Windows" dialog box is displayed, ready to take User Name: and Password:
I have specified two different User Accounts, both with Admin rights.
I have specified the account to use with Automatic Logon. NOTE : My build does _not_ automatically log into any account I specify. Obviously there is more to it than just specifying the details in this component.
I have specified no domain name nor password, but did specify the Admin user in the Administrator Account component. Further, none of my users have passwords specified (though I have tried this with and without passwords).
I have the following logon related components in my build - Administrator Account, Automatic Logon, Friendly Logon User Interface, User Account (two components), Windows Logon, and WinLogon Sample Macro (which was added when nothing seemed to work). Minlogon is disabled.
1) Any suggestions on why Automatic Logon is not behaving as expected?
2) Any suggestions on why my User Accounts are not logging me into the system (with or without passwords)?
Do you have the name of the Account setup in the Automatic Logon settings?
First try Administrator no password and then your custom accounts.
www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
additionally the Windows Logon component would need the fast user switching unticked as well as fast start unticking.
there are additional entries in the registry that could stop the automatic logon feature, they relate to the legal text and they need to be removed / deleted from the registry...
the following details the requirements for autologon in the registry
Also as a silly check, ensure that you have Administrator set as the user name in the automatic logon component, since admin would not be accetable.
Turns out I probably shot myself in the foot. The build in question had components that were added at different levels of visibility (first 1000, then 100 for better granularity). There must have been some contention between the various modules.
I started fresh, imported the devices.pmq, and check dependencies/added components until things came clean, did a build, et voila!
Thanks for the suggestions.