none
How can I know why my project cannot be built ?

Question

• I'm new to VisualStudio, so I don't know how to investigate the cause of this failed build.

Error list is clear - there are nothing, no errors, no messages...

• Edited by john_j100 Monday, November 07, 2016 1:18 PM
    Monday, November 07, 2016 12:16 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

From your shared screenshot, I found there is 1 failed in the Output window, but it looks like there is no error, warning or message in the Error List window like you said, could you please share the screenshot of the Error list window in here, make sure there is no filter as below:

Refer to the current behavior, I found some similar issue like this, please have a try with the following to troubleshot this issue:

1. Delete the hidden .vs folder under the root folder of the project store folder, the .suo files stores under the .vs folder for VS 2015
    2. Close and restart VS and open this solution and check this issue again
    3. Go to Tool->option->projects and Solution->General, make sure to check the box "Always show Error List if build finishes with errors".

Meanwhile, please create a new C#-Console Application and directly build, check if this issue will occur or not.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 5:57 AM

All replies

• There is an error list in the down left corner near the Output button
    Monday, November 07, 2016 12:18 PM
  • There are 0 errors, warnings and messages.
    Monday, November 07, 2016 1:17 PM
  • Hi John,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

From your shared screenshot, I found there is 1 failed in the Output window, but it looks like there is no error, warning or message in the Error List window like you said, could you please share the screenshot of the Error list window in here, make sure there is no filter as below:

Refer to the current behavior, I found some similar issue like this, please have a try with the following to troubleshot this issue:

1. Delete the hidden .vs folder under the root folder of the project store folder, the .suo files stores under the .vs folder for VS 2015
    2. Close and restart VS and open this solution and check this issue again
    3. Go to Tool->option->projects and Solution->General, make sure to check the box "Always show Error List if build finishes with errors".

Meanwhile, please create a new C#-Console Application and directly build, check if this issue will occur or not.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 5:57 AM