Need help deciding which service to pick RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello, i am working on an app in which we are going to use SQL server and ASP.NET Core Web API.

This app will initially have maximum 10k customers and its like a Foodpanda food delivery app. Now I am confused about which services to select in Azure cloud.

Does Azure Web and Mobile app service come with SQL server? Or do i need to pick that as external service?

If I choose Windows VM option and configure IIS and SQL server express myself will that be cheaper and work well?

Please guide

• Edited by MWaleedBaig Sunday, December 29, 2019 2:16 PM
    Sunday, December 29, 2019 2:14 PM

All replies

• Hi M,

I would suggest using https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/ where you can ala carte the various services. Therefore, you can compare and contrast the cost of using a VM and managed SQL service. You can also explore other hosted databases such as MySQL, MariaDB, etc. I would compare the costs of using a VM vs a single instance DB priced on the DTU scale. As for your Web API, you can use Azure Functions which uses a compute pricing model rather than a consumption pricing model. Using a compute model means you're only paying for the CPU cycles that your code is using when it's invoked.

Hope this helps.

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Monday, December 30, 2019 3:41 PM