none
where i can get properties and methods of pictures class in activesheet.pictures.insert(byval filename as string)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i know the following statement can insert a picture to the excel worksheet:

activesheet.pictures.insert(byval filename as string)

but i didn't find any properties or method of class collection pictures inside activesheet or excel.application hierarchy ,  actually, i even didn't find a class collection called pictures in excel all library.  if there is no class collection called pictures exists,  how it can be work?

any person who can give me some clue on this?

Tks 

Roland

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:27 AM

Answers

• When MS introduced "Shapes" in Office 97 the old drawingObjects, such as Rectangle, Picture and many others were retained for compatibility, possibly with the objective of eventually deprecating them. Fortunately that never happened, though they have become less well documented, if at all, in later versions of Excel.

In Object Browser, F2, right-click in a panel and click "Show Hidden Members", search Picture & Pictures. Maybe first select the Excel library.

Peter Thornton

• Marked as answer by Roland Fisher Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:51 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:46 AM

All replies

• When MS introduced "Shapes" in Office 97 the old drawingObjects, such as Rectangle, Picture and many others were retained for compatibility, possibly with the objective of eventually deprecating them. Fortunately that never happened, though they have become less well documented, if at all, in later versions of Excel.

In Object Browser, F2, right-click in a panel and click "Show Hidden Members", search Picture & Pictures. Maybe first select the Excel library.

Peter Thornton

• Marked as answer by Roland Fisher Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:51 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:46 AM
  • Thank you for your answer and background information

now i get all its members

Roland

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:51 AM