none
Bing Maps updates/request? RRS feed

• Question

• So,

its a curious question. I'm looking forward to the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, as a avid flight simmer for well, all of my life pretty much I have flown almost the whole globe (Obviously not every airfield lol) anyways. with the announcement that the MSFS team had essentially modelled the world as realistically as possible using bing maps it was very exciting except when I go to my own home and village on bing maps almost all the imagery available on the maps is at least 8 years old. my house has had solar panels for the last five years. they don't show. the area has changed much and unfortunately. if the same data is what the MSFS team has used then flying in and around my own home is no different than flying in and around my own home in any other simulator. 

so i guess my other question is there a way to request map updates? obviously the satellite imagery must be taken at intervals ,one would assume whenever cloud cover and positioning allows?

If it is possible to request it as such then its the Village of Denholme, Bradford, BD13, UK

If not then I guess ill just have to manage with aged scenery that lies which in many ways, isn't overly disappointing giving the rest of the amazing things that have been apparently put into the sim.

Monday, July 20, 2020 11:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Mason,

These forums support development with the Bing Maps APIs but you can give feedback directly in Bing.com/maps.  Just have the map show the location and mapstyle that shows the issue then select "Feedback" and fill out an explanation of the issue to the best of your knowledge. 

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 5:28 AM
    Owner
  • Thanks for your enthusiasm for Bing and Flight Simulator - it will definitely be the most realistic flight simulator ever released. Microsoft plans to continue to release refreshed and enhanced data so watch for future announcements from the Flight Simulator team on what areas of the world are getting updated.
    Friday, July 24, 2020 4:20 PM