Error when trying to get variable from HTTP header RRS feed

• Question

• User609503556 posted
    I am trying to get value from HTTP server in aspx page load : Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_ENTRUST_CLIENT") and getting the following error: Request is not available in this context Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request is not available in this context
    Tuesday, January 6, 2004 9:02 AM

All replies

• User763059395 posted
    what is HTTP_ENTRUST_CLINET I do not see that anywhere. What kind of data does it hold, because if I turn trace on in my ASP.Net application I don't see that Server Variable anywhere.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2004 11:20 AM
  • User609503556 posted
    It is the Entrust TruePass that puts it there in HTTP header when you login using TruePass applet
    Tuesday, January 13, 2004 11:41 AM
  • User763059395 posted
    That could be the problem. Maybe ASP.Net doesn't pick it up for some reason. Have you tried turnning on the trace function and checking out the responses. Also is it a header or a server variable. Because they are accessed differently in ASP.Net.Request.Headers["MyHeader"]
    Tuesday, January 13, 2004 1:08 PM
  • User609503556 posted
    Thanks for your reply. It is in servervariables. I finally made it work, it was something wrong with the page, when I put the code in a new blank page it worked.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2004 2:35 PM