none
MS Office 2007 having problem finding Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have an application that I wrote and it works fine on machines that have or have had office 2003 installed. But on machines that have never had office 2003 installed and have office 2007 installed, I get the error : "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
    "
    The access database is version 2003 and the connection string looks like this:

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\bert2\public\TroubleTixData\TroubleTix.md b;User Id=admin;Password=;"

Anyone else had problems with ODBC connections and Access 2007?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Thursday, January 24, 2008 8:40 PM

All replies

• This actually looks like an OLEDB and not an ODBC connection. Is this a desktop app or a web app?

Does the Access database contain any tables that are linked to another database?

Monday, January 28, 2008 2:25 PM
  • The error your have supplied does not match with the connection string you are using. In simple words, you are using OLEDB provide in your connection string and the error typically comes when you configre an ODBC DSN on your machine.

1. please check that the database is accessible from the machine on which you are running this application. In the connection string you have given i can see a space in database file name "TroubleTix.md b" please correct it to "TroubleTix.mdb" and try again.

2. Alternatively you can install OLE DB JET provider using MDAC from following location.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c&DisplayLang=en

Hope this helps.
    Monday, January 28, 2008 2:42 PM
  •  

Hi Jason,

I guess you want to know the connection string of Access 2007 in OLEDB connection , please refer the following as in Standard security condition :

Code Snippet
    Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\myFolder\myAccess2007file.accdb;Persist Security Info=False;

Hope it can help u.

Regards
    Jing
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:28 AM