what is the best way to create forms in sharepoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi <o:p></o:p>

I am new to
    share point. I am learning share point by watching videos.<o:p></o:p>

I am working
    on share point project. I need to provide good advice to management.<o:p></o:p>

Question 1:
    what is the best way to create forms in SharePoint 2013?<o:p></o:p>

Shall I use
    InfoPath forms or SharePoint designer? I heard that Microsoft is not going
    support InfoPath form. <o:p></o:p>

Question2: do
    I need to create forms for create workflows?  Can I create work
    flows without the forms?<o:p></o:p>

Thanks,

Narasimha Sirisinahal

Thursday, July 28, 2016 4:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Narasimha Sirisinahal,

As Rajesh mentioned, it is depend on the requirement. You should make a choice based on your requirement.

Currently, SharePoint server 2013 still supports InfoPath forms. For more information, you could refer the official article below.

https://blogs.office.com/2014/01/31/update-on-infopath-and-sharepoint-forms/

What did you mean “create forms for creating workflows”? Did you mean create the workflow with the initiation form?

If you want to create a workflow without the initiation form, you could create workflow with SharePoint 2013 workflow Platform type in SharePoint Designer

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Wednesday, August 10, 2016 10:01 AM
    Friday, July 29, 2016 5:43 AM

All replies

• what is the best way to create forms in SharePoint 2013?

Best way always depends on your requirement and other factors, You can custom create forms using SharePoint designer, html and JS in a content editor webparts, or use ISV forms like K2 or Nintex. 

InfoPath - InfoPath is not deprecated immediately it will be supported for a while. But there won't be any new updates or newer versions but it does not stop you building forms. InfoPath is one of the fastest way of building forms, you need to learn the skill.

Can I create workflows without the forms?

There is no mandatory requirement to customize the forms for workflows, it can operate on the out of the box forms as well.

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

• Proposed as answer by croute1 Friday, July 29, 2016 7:30 PM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 4:50 PM
  • Hi Narasimha Sirisinahal,

As Rajesh mentioned, it is depend on the requirement. You should make a choice based on your requirement.

Currently, SharePoint server 2013 still supports InfoPath forms. For more information, you could refer the official article below.

https://blogs.office.com/2014/01/31/update-on-infopath-and-sharepoint-forms/

What did you mean “create forms for creating workflows”? Did you mean create the workflow with the initiation form?

If you want to create a workflow without the initiation form, you could create workflow with SharePoint 2013 workflow Platform type in SharePoint Designer

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Wednesday, August 10, 2016 10:01 AM
    Friday, July 29, 2016 5:43 AM