none
Got "exe has stopped working. Close program" in VS 2013 Premium edition after updating from VS 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed VB.Net windows application VS 2008.

Now I am updating that application in VS 2013 Premium edition with .Net framework 4.5.1. After updating suddenly I am getting "exe has stopped working. Close program.". At any time anywhere.

And also while debugging I got System.accessViolation error.

I tried to update framework 4.5.1 to 4.5.2. I also tried to Update target CPU from "Any CPU" to

"X86" as well as "X64". But getting same error.

But after updating framework 4.5.1 to 3.5 it is working fine in VS 2013 Premium edition.

Please suggest me how can I run my program in framework 4.5.1 or onward versions.

Thanks in advanced.

Saturday, September 26, 2015 11:45 AM

All replies

• It sounds like that your project is using something in .NET 3.5 that has changed or been changed/removed in .NET 4.0/4.5/4.5.1/4.5.2/4.6.

As this forum is for issues with setup of the .NET Framework itself, and you have a Visual Studio project upgrade problem, you need to ask in an appropriate developer forum.

Please share the project type, so you can be routed to the best forum to help you.

Sunday, September 27, 2015 4:07 PM
  • @Shri,

Would you mind to tell us your detailed project type?

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 1:38 AM
  • It is Library Management Application which manage Book/Manuscripts/Magazines. it also manages Publishers/Authors/Readers.

we are using some references of our other applications, and we had converted all those dll's (to same .net framework as Library Management Application ).

We have used MS Office Introp Word 15 DLL to read Word file from our Application.

We have also used Acrobat Browser Control Type Library 1.0 DLL to show PDF in our Application.

Friday, October 2, 2015 6:16 AM
  • It is Library Management Application which manage Book/Manuscripts/Magazines. it also manages Publishers/Authors/Readers.

we are using some references of our other applications, and we had converted all those dll's (to same .net framework as Library Management Application ).

We have used MS Office Introp Word 15 DLL to read Word file from our Application.

We have also used Acrobat Browser Control Type Library 1.0 DLL to show PDF in our Application.

Friday, October 2, 2015 6:17 AM
  • @Shri,

Sounds like a VB WinForm application?

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 4:04 PM