none
Deleting Duplicate Files in Exchange 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to delete duplicate files in Exchange 2016? Originally the files were in Zimbra but the company switched over to Exchange 2016.
    Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:22 PM

All replies

• I assume you are speaking of duplicate messages?  if so how was the information migrated from zimbra into Exchange?  Each message should have a Search Key and modified time.  If they match they are truly duplicate and if not they may be versions of the same item.   Our DigiScope tool in DEMO mode can help you find this information and also remove duplicates, other option would be to use something like MFCMAPI to view the information and then manually delete the duplicates or if you have development skills use EWS to find and remove duplicates

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks from ALL versions of Exchange Offline EDB's, On-Premises Exchange Databases & Office 365. Export, Migrate/Recover into On-Premises Exchange Server, Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 4:13 PM
  • Hi,

Please have a look on this.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Removing-Duplicate-Items-f706e1cc

Thanks, Ashish (I can be wrong but can't be rude) “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” MCITP, MCT, MCSE. Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:21 PM
  • Cool, did it solve your issue?

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks from ALL versions of Exchange Offline EDB's, On-Premises Exchange Databases & Office 365. Export, Migrate/Recover into On-Premises Exchange Server, Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:09 PM