make a custom keyboard RRS feed

• Question

• User369217 posted

Hello. is possible to do a keyboard to cross platforms as like the photo ? I asking for complete DNI.!

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:29 PM

Answers

• User42420 posted

The approach that you may try is : 1) Disable the SoftKeyboard. So it doesnot pops up when you are trying to type something. You may end up in creating EntryRenderers to achieve this in both iOS and Android.So that default SoftKey never shows up.

2) Create a Modal(pop up) , that opens on tap of your entry control, Add a nice Animation(Easing) to it. Provide the Translation so that it shows up with animation from bottom to top(or what you like).

3) Create content of this Modal as per your choice. The keys/items you want in your keyboard.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 31, 2018 8:42 AM

All replies

• User42420 posted

The approach that you may try is : 1) Disable the SoftKeyboard. So it doesnot pops up when you are trying to type something. You may end up in creating EntryRenderers to achieve this in both iOS and Android.So that default SoftKey never shows up.

2) Create a Modal(pop up) , that opens on tap of your entry control, Add a nice Animation(Easing) to it. Provide the Translation so that it shows up with animation from bottom to top(or what you like).

3) Create content of this Modal as per your choice. The keys/items you want in your keyboard.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 31, 2018 8:42 AM
  • User369217 posted

The number keyboard can't have a customization? I maybe can render number keyboard in native so return a new number keyboard where have a letter (replace any number by letter) It can't be possible?

*How u can render softkeyboard ? I am using xfx.control entry ... And this isn't native control , so can make render to hide softkeyboard? Is possible?

Thursday, May 31, 2018 1:30 PM
  • User42420 posted

@juadiaz said: The number keyboard can't have a customization? I maybe can render number keyboard in native so return a new number keyboard where have a letter (replace any number by letter) It can't be possible?

How u can render softkeyboard ? I am using xfx.control entry ... And this isn't native control , so can make render to hide softkeyboard? Is possible?

I am not sure about xfx controls. Well but Entry cotrol has textchanged event ,focus event etc. So On focus you may try it. but I think setting it globally will be better, that is somewhere(oncreate) in main activity in android and AppDelegate in iOS.

Friday, June 1, 2018 12:36 PM
  • User377481 posted

@Saraswati_Chandra I tried to disable the keyboard when the entry got focus, but sometimes the keyboard still appears. have any way to make it never show up? thank you

Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:40 AM