Visual studio does not load project. Creates error: RRS feed

• Question

• User1182587605 posted

When I try to load my project from Start page, Recent menu in Visual studio, I get the following error and the project does not load. Please let me know What I can do:

Error Description:

The Expression "[Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolLocationHelper]::GetPlatformSDKLocation(Windows, 7.0)" can not be evaluated. The disc structure is corrupted and unreadable. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.Targets

What can I do to load my projects. Please help me...

Friday, June 23, 2017 5:23 AM

All replies

• User991499041 posted

Hi Deepak,

Error Description:

The Expression "[Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolLocationHelper]::GetPlatformSDKLocation(Windows, 7.0)" can not be evaluated. The disc structure is corrupted and unreadable. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.Targets

The error indicates ToolLocationHelper.GetPlatformSDKLocation Method: Given a target platform identifier and a target platform version, search the default SDK locations for the platform SDK for that target platform. It is possible that Visual Studio installation required a machine restart to finish.

Regards,

zxj

Monday, June 26, 2017 2:01 AM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi acmedeepak,

I can see that you go an error,"The disc structure is corrupted and unreadable".

here I want to confirm with you that are you able to open this location using file explorer? if you did not try that then try it.

if you get the same error then it is possible that your drive is corrupted.

try to open command prompt and type command 'chkdsk c: /r'.

then press enter.

you can also try to click on that drive then click on 'tools' then 'error check'. it will find for error and try to correct it.

if you have any backup for the project then you can try to copy that backup and try to place it on any other drive and try to open it in visual studio.

let us know that it is work for you or not.

so that we can try to provide further suggestions if needed.

Regards

Deepak

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:58 AM
  • User1182587605 posted

funny thing is,

I restarted the system and everything is working fine.

Thanks,

Deepak

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 12:20 PM