Trying to debug a IISExpress site in Adobe Shadow. RRS feed

• Question

• We have a site that we are trying to use Adobe Shadow to view the CSS changes to.  Adobe Shadow just points to your localhost or IP address and will serve up the content based on an extension in google chrome.  All the pages will display fine for other addresses but the localhost:1337 site we are using will not display.  We have turned off the firewall since we thought it was a port thing and that does nothing.  We are wondering if IISExpress is doing anything differently in the way it serves up localhost, how it routes that to the IP Address?
    Monday, August 20, 2012 9:46 PM

Answers

• It sounds like your problem can be summed up by saying the following:

"Is it possible to configure IIS Express to serve up an Azure site that is being executed from Visual Studio (running in the Azure compute emulator) on the local network?"

In your case I suspect your going with port 81 on the local machine and that you would expect your Azure role to be available at http://<hostname>:81/ as well. I have tried this myself with zero success. I'm not sure if it has to do with port conflicts or what. I have gotten as far as getting a "503 Service Unavailable" response from IIS which tells me I've gotten through my firewall and that Azure has still created some kind of configuration blunder.

Hopefully somebody will respond to you, but even then I suspect they'll be shooting in the dark. IIS and Azure are both quite terrible when it comes to feedback.

• Marked as answer by Arwind - MSFT Friday, August 24, 2012 6:31 AM
    Monday, August 20, 2012 10:06 PM

All replies

• It sounds like your problem can be summed up by saying the following:

"Is it possible to configure IIS Express to serve up an Azure site that is being executed from Visual Studio (running in the Azure compute emulator) on the local network?"

In your case I suspect your going with port 81 on the local machine and that you would expect your Azure role to be available at http://<hostname>:81/ as well. I have tried this myself with zero success. I'm not sure if it has to do with port conflicts or what. I have gotten as far as getting a "503 Service Unavailable" response from IIS which tells me I've gotten through my firewall and that Azure has still created some kind of configuration blunder.

Hopefully somebody will respond to you, but even then I suspect they'll be shooting in the dark. IIS and Azure are both quite terrible when it comes to feedback.

• Marked as answer by Arwind - MSFT Friday, August 24, 2012 6:31 AM
    Monday, August 20, 2012 10:06 PM
  • Yes, something weird is going on with the way that azure's emulator or IIS Express handles serving up the web content.  All I am trying to do is view my localhost from another device but I feel that IIS Express is messing with the IP routing somehow.
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 1:18 PM
  • Wow, this was marked as the answer?  All shock was doing was helping me clarify the question.
    Friday, August 24, 2012 1:18 PM