Export to excel - Multiple lists RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Please help me with below task.

I have two lists. List1 having reqid, attachments, title, description etc., and List2 having reqid,approvers,status,created etc.,

For eg., 
    List1:

Reqid Attachments Title
    1 1.docx   Test
    2.ppt
    3.xlsx

List2: 
    Reqid Approvers  created
    1 user1 8/10/2018 11:00 a.m
    1 user2 8/11/2018 11:00 a.m
    1 user3 8/12/2018 11:00 a.m

Now I need to export the data to the excel format which contains this data with reqid, attachments, approvers, created.

Please let me know if you need any information.

Regards,
    Kumar
    Thursday, August 16, 2018 3:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Kumar,

I understand you want to link the two list data based on the Reqid and export to Excel. Then there are two options:

1. Create a linked data source list like this and then export to list:

Join two Sharepoint Lists together by ID

Here is the same requirement thread for your reference:

collating two list into one and export to excel

2. Export two list with "Export to Excel" feature I suggested above and then use Excel build in formula "vlookup" function to merge the two list data:

Merge tables with VLOOKUP

Thanks

Best Regards 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by KumarSP2013 Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:26 PM
    Friday, August 17, 2018 9:42 AM

All replies

• You can simply make a .txt or .csv - file of the lists and simply open them in Excel.
    Thursday, August 16, 2018 4:16 PM
  • Hi,

Can you please let me know how to consolidate in one sheet with all the data? Hope there is no OOB way to consolidate for this format.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Kumar

Thursday, August 16, 2018 4:50 PM
  • Hi,

SharePoint OOTB feature supported to export list data to Excel:

You could do this action for each list to make it work.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by ME_77 Monday, August 20, 2018 7:52 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by ME_77 Monday, August 20, 2018 7:52 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2018 6:41 AM
  • Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your response. If you reefer my initial thread, I would like to export and consolidate the data from two lists based on the Reqid.

Please let me know if you have any clarifications.

Regards,

Kumar

• Proposed as answer by ME_77 Monday, August 20, 2018 7:52 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by ME_77 Monday, August 20, 2018 7:52 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2018 8:19 AM
  • Hi Kumar,

I understand you want to link the two list data based on the Reqid and export to Excel. Then there are two options:

1. Create a linked data source list like this and then export to list:

Join two Sharepoint Lists together by ID

Here is the same requirement thread for your reference:

collating two list into one and export to excel

2. Export two list with "Export to Excel" feature I suggested above and then use Excel build in formula "vlookup" function to merge the two list data:

Merge tables with VLOOKUP

Thanks

Best Regards 

Friday, August 17, 2018 9:42 AM
  • Hi Jerry,

Thanks for you suggestions. Can you please suggest any alternate way instead of doing it through designer. As this is the production application and having bulk in data, Request you to help me with any other approach.

Regards,

Kumar

Sunday, August 19, 2018 10:19 AM
  • Hi,

Without Designer, you will need to write CAML Query to join the two list data like this thread:

Join 2 lists in SharePoint using CAML query

And then export the data to Excel programmatically:

Export SharePoint list to Excel Programmatically using c#- SPListItemCollection.GetDataTable method

Thanks

Best Regards

Monday, August 20, 2018 7:36 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

You can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly.

Thanks

Best Regards

• Unmarked as answer by KumarSP2013 Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:26 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2018 9:49 AM
  • Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Kumar

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:26 PM