small window on the left screen let you swich between an opened apps

Question

• hi, i have a small problem, i'm using windows developer preview, at first when i install it, i had a small window that it shows up when i put my cursor to the left edge of my screen and i could use the middle button of my mice to select which application i want to go back (in case i had a lot of applications i already used) , now i can't have that small window again, i may deactivate it in some how, or it's just a bug , i would like to have it back
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 3:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Testing it on my PC, it seems the only way to load the preview window that you are talking about is having the programs already loaded in the background.  If you already tried restarting your computer and it is still not showing up after running various programs, maybe doing the "Refresh your PC without affecting your files" option would be a good start.

If you need help finding it:

1. Navigate to Start > Control Panel
    2. Select the General section on the left column
    3. Click the "Get started" button under Refresh your PC without affecting your files and follow the help wizard

Doing this will attempt repairs on your OS build while keeping your files, your personalization settings and your Apps from the Windows Store, but all other programs will be removed and your PC settings will be reverted back to default.

Keep us posted on your results.    ^_^

rafael

Microsoft Consumer Software & Services Support (CS3)
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 8:46 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi , and thanks, I thought about that, and I thought about restoring my PC to an earlier date, but it doesn't seems like a good solution to start with, what's the point if I'm going to lose all my programs !! and instead of that I prefer to do a fresh install !!

I mean it must be something I can fix without losing any thing.. like registry key maybe, or an option that can deactivate and reactivate that effect.

here is the list of the programs I have, maybe one of them has damaged it :

Adobe Reader X v10.1.1

Skype v5.5.0.119

Windows live messenger version 2011 (Build 15.4.3538.513)

WinRAR 4.653.51

Street fighter 4 (game)

Intel Graphic media accelerator (tool for graphic options)

an other thing, when I navigate to control panel , the name of the icon for restoring buck ups was like this (Restore Windows 7 backups) , got it ? WINDOWS  7 ! (it is really bothering me it would be nice if it was Windows 8)

best regards

• Edited by Waheb09 Monday, October 17, 2011 12:59 PM
    Monday, October 17, 2011 12:51 PM
  • Can you submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program?  We want to make sure we get the right info including your log files.  If you are a MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There is a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Window Live ID account. If you are not a MSDN subscriber, follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps given here.

In case the link above does not work, the URL is: https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=ADD1-RY34-K4T4

The last link goes to: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/5227f0c3-7750-4833-a99f-6247041ddee9 

rafael

Microsoft Consumer Software & Services Support (CS3)
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:03 PM
    Answerer
  • I get the same thing on a fresh install. Sometimes the window appears and sometimes it doesn't. Most of the time it doesn't. Strange thing is I can always get the window to appear when I run WDP in virtualbox at 1920x1080 resolution with windows 7 as host. When I run it from a fresh install on a different hard drive I get the window spoadically. 
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:10 PM
  • Hi , I solved the problem by updating my graphic card driver and I did it automatically by going to device manager then click display then update driver software.

thanks.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 2:02 AM