none
Outlook 2013 Mail Item App: How can I deploy/host my app in a low profile SharePoint document library? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In our organization, we have a comprehensive Office 365 subscription of all of the employees.

I've built an Outlook Mail App in Visual Studio. It is working well.

Now I like to deploy the app and make it available to our employees through Office 365. Public Office App Store is not an option. Only internal employees need to be able to see and use the app. 

How can I deploy/host my app in a small low profile SharePoint document library?

Is there any better option to do this?

Thank you,

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:24 AM

Answers

• Hi amx2012,

>>How can I deploy/host my app in a small low profile SharePoint document library? Is there any better option to do this?<<

No, we are not able to deploy the mail app to SharePoint document library. We can deploy the mail app to an Exchange catalog that is available to users of the Exchange server on which it resides. It enables publishing and management of mail apps, including internally created ones as well as solutions that are acquired from the Office Store and licensed for corporate use. Mail apps are installed into an Exchange catalog by using either the Exchange Admin Center (EAC) or by running remote Windows PowerShell commands (cmdlets).

You can get more detail about publishing apps from link below:
    Publish your app for Office

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 3:07 AM