June preview - problems HELP! RRS feed

• Question

• I just downloaded the June Preview of Blend (and the newest silverlight tools) and I am having some major problems with all of my past silverlight 2.0 work. They all had no problem before.

One problem is I get this message anytime I try to test any of my projects:

"The project has no startup scene and may not have a main window visible after running. Do you want to continue?"

What does that mean? What is a startup scene? How do I set one so it will work like it used to?

The next problem I am having is one of my projects cannot be built now. errors I get are:

"the name InitializeComponent" does not exist in the current context." Page.xaml.cs

'cameraViews.Page' does not contain a definition for 'playMouseOver' and no extension method 'playMouseOver' accepting a first argument of type 'CamerViews.page' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 

the list goes on and on. Could it be because of how I had to make my own buttons and states? Does the June preview have a way to do that now?

I do not want to have to rebuild all of my projects! Please help!

Designer Girl
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:41 PM

Answers

• Ok Here is a solution...

uninstall Silverlight Beta 1, and all of the Beta 1 tools.  Basically, just go to add/Remove programs and uninstall everything that says Microsoft Silverlight.

Then, go here:

http://silverlight.net/GetStarted/

Install Silverlight Tools for Beta 2 for Visual Studio 2008

Open your projects in Visual Studio, and Re-Build.  Then you are done.

Now I don't have to remake every past silverlight project! yay!

Designer Girl
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:53 PM

All replies

• Our apologies, that is what you get for being on the bleeding edge, unfortunately.

You need to update your project file for starters: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645049(VS.95).aspx#important

After that, if you still have problems, please share out your project.

Thanks,
    Unni
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:17 AM
  • So once I rebuild all of my past silverlight projects will this happen again when there is another update?

Should I just wait to rebuild them until I know for sure this will never happen again?

This is the second time I have had to rebuild all of my projects.
    Designer Girl
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:20 PM
  • Ok Here is a solution...

uninstall Silverlight Beta 1, and all of the Beta 1 tools.  Basically, just go to add/Remove programs and uninstall everything that says Microsoft Silverlight.

Then, go here:

http://silverlight.net/GetStarted/

Install Silverlight Tools for Beta 2 for Visual Studio 2008

Open your projects in Visual Studio, and Re-Build.  Then you are done.

Now I don't have to remake every past silverlight project! yay!

Designer Girl
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:53 PM