Explorer.exe/64bit or x64 in Windows 8 Build 8012 (Developer Preview)

Question

• Can someone please tell me how to get the Explorer.exe to stop going up too 100mb to 228mbs, i believe this is a bug, i have reformatted my computer to maker sure this isn't me that is causing this issue.... please understand that im not a computer idiot, i believe this is a shell32.dll glitch that needs to be looked at.. and no not this time have i tampered with the shell32.dll or shell32.mui, please also understand that im trying to repair my system not hack it... so before anyone blame me for hacking im only pulling the shell32.dll out of my developer iso.... and yes i tried the registry changer when it comes to turning off metro and i have not problem with the regular (windows 7) interface..... please Microsoft developers, take a look at the ribbon and shell32.dll and some of the other shell files.... because i use my windows 8 now for immunity to the windows 7 viruses, and i have had no problem, and i used virustotal to check those files and it came clean.... 40 of those scanners included your product Microsoft Security Essentials or aka known now to be the new windows 8, windows defender.... please also with that, please make that less of a memory hog, because i cant use my adobe products with that turn on, and also yes i have that turned off... i would prefer to keep it on but i cant.... if this is not the place for windows 8 developer team feed back.... can someone provide me the right link thanks.... i have more suggestions and a big thank you to the developers.... im am impressed with the improvements... and be more than happy to help with the advancements and ideas if someone can hear me out.... Thanks

• Moved by Mike Kinsman Friday, December 30, 2011 8:16 PM Dev Preview question (From:MSDN Subscriptions Feedback)
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:24 PM

All replies

• Windows 8 is pre-Beta and all issues that post in this forum will monitor by product team . If Windows ask to send more report or detail please let it do so.

Also if possible , could you post your issue in a form of step by step reproduce and provide some screenshot and also post some specification of your system.

Sunday, January 1, 2012 3:11 PM
  • Have you activated the option to start a new process for file manager or not? If not the shell/desktop and the Explorer as file manager are hosted by 1 Explorer.ede and so the 200MB might be normal.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Sunday, January 1, 2012 8:35 PM
  • Hello Howe.IT.Works,

I suggest you submit feedback on this issue.

Please submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 6:58 PM