none
Coded UI :How to select element from list which get closed when we click crosshair tool on Test builder

Question

• While automating my application i came across certain button/ drop-down list,When i click on that list items get displayed.

I'm trying to capture these list items using coded Ui test builder , but if i click crosshair icon then list will be closed.

I also tried to capture using WindowsLogo+i as it show on tool tip, but it will open setting window. (Windows 10)

so, Is there any why i can capture these type of elements ?

or can suggest code to select Item using Name property.

• Edited by _Devang Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:37 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:20 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

I tested it in my side, and I encountered the same issue as yours in windows 10 while I am using vs2010.

But it works fine in windows 7 which I also tested.

I've helped you submit a feedback to Microsoft connect, you could comment on and vote it. I think the engineers of Microsoft will evaluate it seriously.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/3118638

Please mark this reply as answer which will be helpful to others who get the same issue as yours, they'll notice it and go to vote this feedback and comment on it. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:59 AM