none
DISM Windows Defender: Defender will not run RRS feed

• Question

• Ah, another one I cannot seem to find.  So I have a working deployment that is missing Windows Defender.  I used DISM to add in the AnitMalware package.  Now I see Windows Defender on the system, however, it will not run.

What is missing?  Is this one of those packages that just cannot be added in after the fact?

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:59 PM

Answers

• did you check the package in ice for dependencies and installed them also (if there are some)?
    you maybe also have to reinstall the language-package.

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany

• Marked as answer by VanAwful Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:48 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:33 PM

All replies

• did you check the package in ice for dependencies and installed them also (if there are some)?
    you maybe also have to reinstall the language-package.

• Marked as answer by VanAwful Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:48 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:33 PM
  • Checked in ICE prior to adding it in. No other dependencies missing.

Thank you Knarz for the language pack reminder.

Just starting looking at how to reapply the lang pack.  You know that guy, Sean Liming, he obviously knows his stuff :). Opened my Professional's Guide to Windows Embedded Standard 7 and on page 184 he clearly states that the language pack needs to be re-applied.  He even gives the details on where to find the lp.cab file and two methods that can be used to apply it.  Sorry Sean for not reading all of chapter 5 before posting this thread :).

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:48 PM
  • Never heard of him ;)

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:11 PM
  • You learned the lesson the same way I did :)

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:15 AM