Add Approve/reject options to web based Infopath Form RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm currently creating an Infopath form that is linked to a Sharepoint list. It opens in different views based on the workflow status and it looks quite good.

The problem that I have is because its a web based form the approve/reject options are not available like they would be if you were to open it in Infopath these options appear on a bar at the top of the screen. I've been scouring the internet to find out how I can add an approve/reject button to my Infopath form or even just have the form linked to the workflow status page in Sharepoint itself (would prefer to have the buttons in Infopath web based form but linked to the Sharepoint page would be workable).

Does anyone know how I can add this functionality to my form? I even looked into the "workflowstatusid"in Sharepoint but it comes up as a string of numbers letters and symbols that make no sense, any assistance or advice on this at all would be greatly appreciated.

I've exhausted all my knowledge on Sharepoint and Infopath and I've hit a brick wall with it.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide

Ashleigh

Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:04 AM

Answers

• You just create custom buttons with the labels "approve" and "reject."  You can't get the built-in rich client functionality that you're talking about.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:00 PM