Moving tabs (buttons) to change order

Question

• Ok, bear with me as my initial explanation may not be clear enough.

I have an app in the winstore for word processing.  I'm aiming to add as many features as I possibly can to make it as close to MS word touch-edition as possible.  I just sent out an update that gives the user the ability to open up and edit multiple documents at the same time. The user can easily switch back and forth between the tabs.

The next step I want to do is allow the user to long press and move the tabs (buttons) back and forth to change their order.  Sort of like the tabs for desktop internet explorer.

Here's what it looks like.

How should I go about doing this?

Sunday, July 6, 2014 2:58 AM

Answers

• Hi RandyPete,

As I know you can drag and drop also reorder the items in ListView/GridView, could that be a help?

I guess the tab bar you created should be something like a ListView/ListBox/GridView, you can enable the "CanReorderItem" option. Or do you have some specific scenario.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, July 7, 2014 1:35 AM

All replies

• Hi RandyPete,

As I know you can drag and drop also reorder the items in ListView/GridView, could that be a help?

I guess the tab bar you created should be something like a ListView/ListBox/GridView, you can enable the "CanReorderItem" option. Or do you have some specific scenario.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, July 7, 2014 1:35 AM
  • Oh my goodness, it works!  You, sir, are a saint.  Working on the next set of features for my app.  This one will be included in the next update!
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 3:45 AM