Dropdown List Box Values RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We have form using the drop-down listbox for the name of the users. The listbox entries are "Enter List box entries manually". The entries are like this:

Display Name = John Smith

Value = OrgDomain\John-S

And all these were working totally fine before we added a new entry. What is happening is, the dropdown is selecting the Display Name as the value for that particular entry.

I selected a working entry, did the rightclick and view source. The entery VALUE was getting selected which is OrgDomain\John-S but when i selected the one particular entry which is not working and viewed the source its showing as "John Smith"

Does anyone have any cluse what exactly is going on here?

Thanks!

Friday, April 9, 2010 1:26 PM

Answers

• Found the issue.

The infopath form was using the different views. And not all the views were updated properly for the value in the dropdown list.

thanks alot for all your help.

• Marked as answer by LearnQuick Monday, April 12, 2010 5:13 PM
    Monday, April 12, 2010 5:13 PM

All replies

• Then the Value for that particular new entry would have to be the same as the display name.  When the new entries were added, are you certain that someone typed in the domain name as the value?

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Friday, April 9, 2010 3:25 PM
  • Yes, i checked it. It was totally fine. But jsut to be 100% i deleted and recreated that entry again. Which is exactly same format as others.

anything else you can think of?

Thanks!

Friday, April 9, 2010 3:37 PM
  • I would say it's imppossible - I've never seen anything like that occur.  You're saying that the form XML is completely ignoring what is set in the GUI.  Very strange that it has occurred, but I dont' think it's a simple settings issue.  If your template is doing this on its own, then it must be corrupted.  Have you tried to make a fresh, new form with just a dropdown containing these same values?  There is nothing about manually-entered values in a dropdown that can be affected by outside factors, so I can't think of anything to change.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Friday, April 9, 2010 3:40 PM
  • Let me create a similar control in same form. And see if that works.

In case that work, i am planning to delete the dropdown which is having issues and rename the working one to be same.

Now if i do that, will i be losing some data from the control or as i will be keepign the names same, it will be okay?

Thanks alot for the support!

Friday, April 9, 2010 5:25 PM
  • Found the issue.

The infopath form was using the different views. And not all the views were updated properly for the value in the dropdown list.

thanks alot for all your help.

• Marked as answer by LearnQuick Monday, April 12, 2010 5:13 PM
    Monday, April 12, 2010 5:13 PM