none
Announcement List and Workflow in SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Expert,

I would like to know how to create announcement with approval workflow. Now, I see announcement list, it shows "Title, Body and Expire". I need someone created but it must approve from manager before launch. and I would like to apply in calendar too.

Please suggestion.

Saturday, August 31, 2013 4:58 PM

Answers

• You need simply to enable Content approval feature as the following:

Announcements || List Settings || Versioning Settings || (Required content approval for submitted items) Yes || (Who should see draft items in this list) Only users who can approve items (and author of item)

So this way you have 3 users:

Usre1: Reader (can be part of Visitors  default group)

User2: Contributor (can be part of Members  default group)

User 3: Approver (can be part of owners default group)

So when user1 add a new announcement, user1 will not be able to see it unless user3 approves it

P.S. this feature is applicable for all list kinds (Custom list, contacts, calendar, announcements.. )

• Edited by Jamil Haddadin Monday, September 2, 2013 6:25 AM Mistake! (mix the places of visitors & members)
    • Proposed as answer by Sairams Monday, September 2, 2013 10:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dennis GuoModerator Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:23 PM
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:44 PM

All replies

• You need simply to enable Content approval feature as the following:

Announcements || List Settings || Versioning Settings || (Required content approval for submitted items) Yes || (Who should see draft items in this list) Only users who can approve items (and author of item)

So this way you have 3 users:

Usre1: Reader (can be part of Visitors  default group)

User2: Contributor (can be part of Members  default group)

So when user1 add a new announcement, user1 will not be able to see it unless user3 approves it

P.S. this feature is applicable for all list kinds (Custom list, contacts, calendar, announcements.. )

• Edited by Jamil Haddadin Monday, September 2, 2013 6:25 AM Mistake! (mix the places of visitors & members)
    • Proposed as answer by Sairams Monday, September 2, 2013 10:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dennis GuoModerator Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:23 PM
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:44 PM
  • Thanks a lot, and can I do approval workflow with Resource booking in calendar?
    Sunday, September 1, 2013 2:56 AM
  • This feature is available for all lists, and sharepoint calendar considered a list.
    Sunday, September 1, 2013 3:54 AM
  • For you mention

Approver is mean Full Control permission level?

Sunday, September 1, 2013 3:07 PM
  • I'm sorry user 1 can add announcement, is it in Read permission level? I try to do, I cannot add.
    Sunday, September 1, 2013 3:09 PM
  • and another small question, can I add the picture/video in announcement?
    Sunday, September 1, 2013 3:10 PM
  • I told you to use Owners group for simplicity, but if i want to be specific; this user should have the following permission:

<label for="idspnidApproveListItems">"Approve Items  -  Approve a minor version of a list item or document"</label>

<label for="idspnidApproveListItems">You can go to Site Actions || Sit Settings|| Permission Levels || Click any of the listed group & see the permission sets that is related to each group</label>

Monday, September 2, 2013 6:24 AM
  • I fixed the thread above... sorry!
    Monday, September 2, 2013 6:26 AM
  • body field is an HTML so you can do what ever you want

Make sure that you cursor is on the Body field || (inside ribbon) Insert || Picture || From computer...

Monday, September 2, 2013 6:29 AM
  • Thanks a lot !! and can I approve via mobile? and How?
    Monday, September 2, 2013 7:09 AM