none
Error on sendport trying to send to wcf service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I have an IIS hosted wcf service that I am trying to post to using the R2 adapter.  The service itself works fine, I can post to it from a standard channel, so  I am pretty sure that the problem is on the biztalk side.  When I try and send a message through biztalk I get the following message written to the event log:

The adapter failed to transmit the message going to send port "WcfSendport_TestService_BassicHttpBinding_ITest" with URL "http://DomainQualifiedMachineName/WcfTest/test.svc".  It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this send port. Details:"Specified value has invalid CRLF characters.
    Parameter name: value"

When this error occurs I see no activity in the w3svc log file(or the service log files), so I don't believe biztalk is actually making a call.  Also, if I change the name of the action it is calling, it correctly informs me that no such action exists by making a call to the service and receiving a fault back.  This call I see in both the w3svc log and in the service log files.  And when I change it back again it fails in exactly the same way, even if I don't touch the return key at all during configuration, and there are of course no CRLFs in the action name Smile

I am more than a little confused that it doesn't even seem to attempt the call when it is configured correctly, can any help shed any light please.

Thanks
    James
    Friday, May 4, 2007 11:21 AM

Answers

• Hi James,

Since the service side is ok, the issue may be either in the send port configuration or in the transmitted message itself. It would be helpful if you can export your send port settings and post it here. It would also be helpful if you could set the retry count of the send transport to 0, and tell us how the suspended message look like?

BTW, are you using beta2? I've seen this error message when there was a CRLF in the action.

Monday, May 7, 2007 6:13 AM

All replies

• James:

1) what does the message look like (you can see it through the MMC GroupHub page - under running instances I believe).

2) What does the operation on the wcf service look like?

Friday, May 4, 2007 4:23 PM
  • Hi James,

Since the service side is ok, the issue may be either in the send port configuration or in the transmitted message itself. It would be helpful if you can export your send port settings and post it here. It would also be helpful if you could set the retry count of the send transport to 0, and tell us how the suspended message look like?

BTW, are you using beta2? I've seen this error message when there was a CRLF in the action.

Monday, May 7, 2007 6:13 AM
  • Hi Karahan / John

I managed to solve this on friday, just didn't have time to post the cause and solution.  Thanks for your responses though.

First of all I am using R2 Beta 2.

Secondly, the problem was indeed a CRLF in the action box, which I eventually worked out was coming from the generated schema binding by comparing a working schema binding export to a broken import.

Because the action box "beautifies" the xml for display when you hit apply or open up the config dialog (even if you type it all in by hand on a single line) it's pretty hard to spot. Especially as the generated xml is nicely formatted to look exactly the same.

I attached the relevant part of the generated and exported schemas below in case anyone is interested (watch for wrapping, the working one has no line breaks)

Thanks

James

Broken:

<TransportTypeData>&lt;CustomProps&gt;
      &lt;MaxReceivedMessageSize vt="3"&gt;65536&lt;/MaxReceivedMessageSize&gt;
      &lt;MessageEncoding vt="8"&gt;Text&lt;/MessageEncoding&gt;
      &lt;TextEncoding vt="8"&gt;utf-8&lt;/TextEncoding&gt;
      &lt;SecurityMode vt="8"&gt;None&lt;/SecurityMode&gt;
      &lt;MessageClientCredentialType vt="8"&gt;UserName&lt;/MessageClientCredentialType&gt;
      &lt;AlgorithmSuite vt="8"&gt;Basic256&lt;/AlgorithmSuite&gt;
      &lt;TransportClientCredentialType vt="8"&gt;None&lt;/TransportClientCredentialType&gt;
      &lt;UseSSO vt="11"&gt;0&lt;/UseSSO&gt;
      &lt;ProxyToUse vt="8"&gt;Default&lt;/ProxyToUse&gt;
      &lt;StaticAction vt="8"&gt;&amp;lt;BtsActionMapping xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&amp;gt;
      &amp;lt;Operation Name="Submit" Action="Submit" /&amp;gt;
    &amp;lt;/BtsActionMapping&amp;gt;&lt;/StaticAction&gt;
      &lt;InboundBodyLocation vt="8"&gt;UseBodyElement&lt;/InboundBodyLocation&gt;
      &lt;InboundNodeEncoding vt="8"&gt;Xml&lt;/InboundNodeEncoding&gt;
      &lt;OutboundBodyLocation vt="8"&gt;UseBodyElement&lt;/OutboundBodyLocation&gt;
      &lt;OutboundXmlTemplate vt="8"&gt;&amp;lt;bts-msg-body xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/schemas/bts2007" encoding="xml"/&amp;gt;&lt;/OutboundXmlTemplate&gt;
      &lt;PropagateFaultMessage vt="11"&gt;-1&lt;/PropagateFaultMessage&gt;
      &lt;OpenTimeout vt="8"&gt;00:01:00&lt;/OpenTimeout&gt;
      &lt;SendTimeout vt="8"&gt;00:01:00&lt;/SendTimeout&gt;
      &lt;CloseTimeout vt="8"&gt;00:01:00&lt;/CloseTimeout&gt;
    &lt;/CustomProps&gt;</TransportTypeData>

Working:

<TransportTypeData>&lt;CustomProps&gt;&lt;ServiceCertificate vt="8" /&gt;&lt;InboundBodyLocation vt="8"&gt;UseBodyElement&lt;/InboundBodyLocation&gt;&lt;UseSSO vt="11"&gt;0&lt;/UseSSO&gt;&lt;MessageClientCredentialType vt="8"&gt;UserName&lt;/MessageClientCredentialType&gt;&lt;InboundBodyPathExpression vt="8" /&gt;&lt;SendTimeout vt="8"&gt;00:01:00&lt;/SendTimeout&gt;&lt;OutboundXmlTemplate vt="8"&gt;&amp;lt;bts-msg-body xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/schemas/bts2007" encoding="xml"/&amp;gt;&lt;/OutboundXmlTemplate&gt;&lt;OpenTimeout vt="8"&gt;00:01:00&lt;/OpenTimeout&gt;&lt;AlgorithmSuite vt="8"&gt;Basic256&lt;/AlgorithmSuite&gt;&lt;SecurityMode vt="8"&gt;None&lt;/SecurityMode&gt;&lt;TransportClientCredentialType vt="8"&gt;None&lt;/TransportClientCredentialType&gt;&lt;ClientCertificate vt="8" /&gt;&lt;ProxyUserName vt="8" /&gt;&lt;MaxReceivedMessageSize vt="3"&gt;65536&lt;/MaxReceivedMessageSize&gt;&lt;TextEncoding vt="8"&gt;utf-8&lt;/TextEncoding&gt;&lt;StaticAction vt="8"&gt;&amp;lt;BtsActionMapping xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&amp;gt;&amp;lt;Operation Name="Submit" Action="Submit" /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/BtsActionMapping&amp;gt;&lt;/StaticAction&gt;&lt;CloseTimeout vt="8"&gt;00:01:00&lt;/CloseTimeout&gt;&lt;ProxyToUse vt="8"&gt;Default&lt;/ProxyToUse&gt;&lt;InboundNodeEncoding vt="8"&gt;Xml&lt;/InboundNodeEncoding&gt;&lt;PropagateFaultMessage vt="11"&gt;-1&lt;/PropagateFaultMessage&gt;&lt;ProxyAddress vt="8" /&gt;&lt;MessageEncoding vt="8"&gt;Text&lt;/MessageEncoding&gt;&lt;OutboundBodyLocation vt="8"&gt;UseBodyElement&lt;/OutboundBodyLocation&gt;&lt;/CustomProps&gt;</TransportTypeData>

Monday, May 7, 2007 9:01 AM