Problem with SilverLight Content + Problem with app "Peoples" after Update to Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I do want to ask community. I should open a SilverLight content web page in my phone Microsoft Lumia 640 XL. Originally my phone worked with Windows 8.1 Update 2. I have tried to install a plug-in but faced with problem. Not supported type of file. After that I have upgraded my phone to Windows 10. Nothing changed. Besides, I have got a new additional problem. App "People" doesnt create any new contact after upgrading.

As result we do have two problems. Problem with SilverLight and problem with app "People".

Also, I have tried to run SilverLight on PC under Windows PC with two browsers Mozilla and Internet Explorer. SilverLight dialogue window work with problem. I cant go next after push button OK in SilverLight dialogue window after filling it.

I have installed SilverLight V.5.

Thanks. I will wait. May be somebody knows how close with success those problems.

P.S. First, I have posted this message in Ukrainian. But moderator have said me that I should post in Russian. Why I cant post in my native language. Russians prouds and I am proud too not less than they. Microsoft, please organize Ukrainian community with possibility to speak in our native language. Thanks in advance once more.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:00 PM

Answers

• Hi RomanFXSX,

According to the compatible operating systems and browsers, Silverlight is compatible with Windows and Mac operating system. So I'm afraid that the Android Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab E should not can open the Silverlight content.

And the Windows XP also doesn't listed in the compatible list in below link that I have provided in my first reply.

https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/locale/en-us/html/installation-win-SL5.html

For the Windows 10 phone, Silverlight is supported on this operating system. If there has problem when open the Silverlight content site on this phone, please check the browser in above link, whether it supports Silverlight. And what error message do you get when open the Silverlight content failed. Please tell us the detailed error message and the browser you are using.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Tuesday, June 14, 2016 7:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Weiwei Cai Friday, June 17, 2016 8:40 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2016 1:25 AM
  • Hi RomanFXSX,

>> First is about SilverLight Content on Win10 Phone or Win8.1 Phone

As far as I know, Silverlight is different on Windows and Windows Phone. On Windows, we need to install Silverlight plugin for browser using Silverlight.exe to let it compatible with Silverlight content. But in Windows Phone, we need not install Silverlight manually. It is a part of Windows Phone OS from Windows Phone 7. And in Windows Phone 8/8.1 and Windows Phone 10, some Silverlight content is not compatible on these version of Windows Phone. So I suggest you contact the Silverlight content provider to confirm whether this problem is related to the Silverlight content itself that not compatible with Windows Phone 8/8.1 and Windows Phone 10.

>> Second, problem with Book of Contacts after updated.

The "People" app that you mentioned should be a Windows Phone 10 default app, which is not related to Silverlight. Please contact your mobile phone provider to check whether there has any problem when upgrade your Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows Phone 10. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, June 6, 2016 12:50 AM

All replies

• Hi RomanFXSX,

Thanks for posting your problem to MSDN forum.

According to your description, the problem occurs with the "People" Silverlight application, is it right?

Please check whether your operating System and browser are supporting Silverlight or not, please refer to following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/locale/en-us/html/installation-win-SL5.html

Then please open following Silverlight demo to confirm whether it is shown correctly and can operate it on this site.

https://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/new-controls/demo/

If it can be operated, the problem is related to the "People" application itself, I suggest you contact the vendor of this app.

If it also can't be operated, I suggest you uninstall and reinstall Silverlight with following article's guidance.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/2608523

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, June 2, 2016 9:22 AM
  • Hello WeiWei. All some another. Lets step by step.

I do have Win XP machine, Android Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab E and Microsoft Lumia 640 XL with Windows 10 (first I had Windows 8.1 Update 2 in this phone). I need to open SilverLight content on some site.

How I can do this ?

Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:20 AM
  • Hi RomanFXSX,

According to the compatible operating systems and browsers, Silverlight is compatible with Windows and Mac operating system. So I'm afraid that the Android Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab E should not can open the Silverlight content.

And the Windows XP also doesn't listed in the compatible list in below link that I have provided in my first reply.

For the Windows 10 phone, Silverlight is supported on this operating system. If there has problem when open the Silverlight content site on this phone, please check the browser in above link, whether it supports Silverlight. And what error message do you get when open the Silverlight content failed. Please tell us the detailed error message and the browser you are using.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, June 3, 2016 1:25 AM
  • Hello WeiWei. We go in right direction. Thanks. About XP and Android I have understood. OK. Not possible. Lets only talk about Windows 10 Phone. First, I did have Windows 8.1 Update 2 when I have bought my phone. I tried to install SilverLight.exe binary file that time BUT OS said me that this type of file is unknown and not compatible. After that I have updated my phone to Windows 10 BUT Windows 10 does have Microsoft Edge Browser and this browser is not compatible for SilverLight too. I finded a Internet Explorer in Microsoft Store but key word combination "Internet Explorer 11" not searching in Store.

As result. We do have Windows 10 Phone OS on Lumia 640 XL. How I can open SilverLight content on this Phone ?

And second addinional question. When I have updated to Windows 10 as I said I faiced with next problem. App "People" (I mean under this term standard Windows App "Book of My Contacts" or "Contacts Book") can NOT create any new contact. I push plus, see on circle "Add Photo" and after 3 second system return me to previous step - list of apps. It is a second separate question.

First is about SilverLight Content on Win10 Phone or Win8.1 Phone. Second, problem with Book of Contacts after updated.

Thats all two problems yet.

Friday, June 3, 2016 6:10 AM
  • Hi RomanFXSX,

>> First is about SilverLight Content on Win10 Phone or Win8.1 Phone

As far as I know, Silverlight is different on Windows and Windows Phone. On Windows, we need to install Silverlight plugin for browser using Silverlight.exe to let it compatible with Silverlight content. But in Windows Phone, we need not install Silverlight manually. It is a part of Windows Phone OS from Windows Phone 7. And in Windows Phone 8/8.1 and Windows Phone 10, some Silverlight content is not compatible on these version of Windows Phone. So I suggest you contact the Silverlight content provider to confirm whether this problem is related to the Silverlight content itself that not compatible with Windows Phone 8/8.1 and Windows Phone 10.

>> Second, problem with Book of Contacts after updated.

The "People" app that you mentioned should be a Windows Phone 10 default app, which is not related to Silverlight. Please contact your mobile phone provider to check whether there has any problem when upgrade your Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows Phone 10. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, June 6, 2016 12:50 AM
  • Hello. Why I should provide to mobile phone provider ? I am providing just now to Microsoft Community. What is more nearest to Microsoft than Microsoft Community ... ? Lets forget about SilverLight. I have resolved in first problem. Desicion was only Windows 7 or higher PC machine running application. Lets resolve my second problem. App People. I still can not create any contact. What you can suggest me for example part of helpful programming code for using ot step by step guidance. Something like this. I will wait for your answer. Thanks in advance.

Sunday, August 14, 2016 2:27 PM