Azure Cache from on-premises RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to test Azure cache from a development machine on-premises.  My  dev machine is Windows 7 64 bit, with .NET Framework 4.0 installed. I don't have VS2011 or .NET 4.5 installed.

Situation: If I use the AppFabric v1.5 SDK caching assemblies, I am able to connect to the Azure cache, and use both Cache and Session State features.

If I use the Azure SDK v1.6 Caching assemblies, I get the following error:

Type 'Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.HostNodeDomainConfigurationElementCollection' is an invalid collection type since it does not have a valid Add method with parameter of type 'System.Object'.

How do I get v1.6 running on my machine? I have tried the usual methods:

- Verified the Framework runtime is v4.0

- Removing every trace of Azure SDKs, and installing v1.6 afresh

- Try adding a reference to the specific version of caching assemblies

- Use fuslogvw to ensure the correct assembly is getting bound.

Thanks

bala

Sunday, May 20, 2012 1:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you have installed VS2010 SP1? If not, try to install it. And can you make sure that you load the correct cache DLL refernece in Azure application, such as DLL path, version number, etc.

And if convenient, can you provide a test application to us, and we can help to give further debugging result to you.

BR,

Arwind

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

• Marked as answer by balakk Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:19 AM
    Monday, May 21, 2012 8:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you have installed VS2010 SP1? If not, try to install it. And can you make sure that you load the correct cache DLL refernece in Azure application, such as DLL path, version number, etc.

And if convenient, can you provide a test application to us, and we can help to give further debugging result to you.

BR,

Arwind

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

• Marked as answer by balakk Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:19 AM
    Monday, May 21, 2012 8:08 AM
  • Okay, it turns out I had the 4.5 framework dev preview installed after all. Mea culpa. I didn't think it was there, since both IIS and VS shows it as only 4.0.

Uninstalling 4.5 is another pain. However, things are working now, thanks.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:19 AM