Entity framework Migration issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying the EF migration, why i always get the following error when i run'Enable-Migrations' command in Package Manager Console, i followed exactly the same steps in the official tutorial . I am using EF 5.0 installed by NuGet.

Also, in the video version of this tutorial, i noticed that it can auto-complete the command, how to enable that?

Thanks in advance 

• Moved by Mike Feng Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:41 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you are following the steps in the tutorial then this is most likely something environmental on your machine, which will probably make it hard to debug.

My first thought is that if tab completion is not working then the powershell integration probably hasn't installed properly. I would make sure you have the latest version of NuGet installed, then re-install the EF package and try again.

We are seeing a lot of great Entity Framework questions (and answers) from the community on Stack Overflow. As a result, our team is going to spend more time reading and answering questions posted on Stack Overflow. We would encourage you to post questions on Stack Overflow using the entity-framework tag. We will also continue to monitor the Entity Framework forum.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Monday, March 11, 2013 8:29 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

I moved this thread to Data forum for more responses.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

If you are following the steps in the tutorial then this is most likely something environmental on your machine, which will probably make it hard to debug.

My first thought is that if tab completion is not working then the powershell integration probably hasn't installed properly. I would make sure you have the latest version of NuGet installed, then re-install the EF package and try again.

We are seeing a lot of great Entity Framework questions (and answers) from the community on Stack Overflow. As a result, our team is going to spend more time reading and answering questions posted on Stack Overflow. We would encourage you to post questions on Stack Overflow using the entity-framework tag. We will also continue to monitor the Entity Framework forum.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Monday, March 11, 2013 8:29 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:08 PM