none
BDA + USB 2.0 + MPEG-TS : How to do the video streamingHi RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for example with BDA AV Streamer + USB2.0 bus driver with MPEG-TS as source.

We are able to demonstrate the above setup with "UsbBuildInterruptOrBulkTransferRequest" task to access USB bulk end point data to streaming device.   Since ""UsbBuildInterruptOrBulkTransferRequest" is blocking request. We see there is breaking video frames between the calls.  So we are looking for a continuous reader mode of accessing USB endpoint.

I see Continuous Reader task "WdfUsbTargetPipeConfigContinuousReader" under KMDF/UMDF frame work.  I am not clear how to access/setup this task in AVStreamer/BDA framework where the device handle is "KSDEVICE; where as this task need "WDFUSBDEVICE" handle.

Saturday, November 30, 2013 11:27 AM

Answers

• UsbBuildInterruptOrBulkTransferRequest is not a blocking request, it just formats an urb. It is up to your driver to send the request and you can choose synchronously or asynchronous. If you need a continuous reader, I would recommend using kmdf. You can use kdf in miniport mode and that will give you access to the wdf USB functionality, see

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff540778(v=vs.85).aspx

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:21 PM