locked
InfoPath Promoted Fields Problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

     

    Below is the one issue i am facing.
    I have 2 InfoPath 2007 form which has different schema. but few common fields promoted to SharePoint. 
    Form 1 has lot of fields promoted and Form 2 has less field promoted and has few common names given to them.
    In the SharePoint, we have deployed both the forms in single Form library and attached them to the content library.
    When i add few more fields in Form 1 and make it similar to Form 2. We have check the schema of the publish file, both are similar.
    I have promoted few more fields in Form 1 and Form 2. Both the Forms has same promoted fields.
    In SharePoint 2007, we have deactivated and uploaded the latest forms.
    When I open existing forms requests of Form 1and save it. The fields which i have added to the Form 1, values are not coming in the SharePoint view. But when i download the request and check the xml, it has the value. For Form 2, same thing happening.

    When we Submit new request for Form 2, newly promoted fields data is not coming.

    As i have existing 3000 requests in use.i cant go for new form library.
    Can you please help me.
    Thanks,
    Shirish Kumar

     

     


    Sunday, October 16, 2011 2:29 AM

Answers

  • Hi Shirish,

    I have a test in my local server, the phone number can be shown for Form1.

    Please go to Settings->Form library settings, check the phone number column under Columns, check whether there are two phone number columns there, if so, the column will not be shown for Form1.

    Also, try Relink Documents in View drop down list, select all the documents and click Relink Selected Documents, check the result.

    Here is a similar thread that promoted the field with different name and created a calculated column to combine the values as a workaround, you may have a try:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointinfopath/thread/d3fc4c34-b2be-403f-93e9-ef18b98e44cd 

    Thanks,
    Qiao

    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:09 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Hi,

    I think you have a problem in your GUID of metadate in the form.

    Perhaps yours GUID in the form are differents from the GUID in the SharePoint library.

    You can control this by opening the file "manifest.xsf" of your InfoPath Form (if you use a manage solution. Otherwise, rename your form with cab extension, and extract the file). You will find all the metadata you defined.

    On the SharePoint side, you can control your field GUID by using SPM (SharePoint Manager) ou CAML Buidler form example.

     

    I think you will find that you GUID in the form are different from those in your SharePoint Library.

    Hope this helps.


    Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 8:52 AM
  • Thanks for the Reply.

    Are you mean the GUID of the promoted fields in the InfoPath and SharePoint Site columns?

     

    Thanks,
    Shirish Kumar

    Shirish Kumar
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 10:56 AM
  • Yes,

    Sorry I don't speak very well English but this is exactly what I wanted to say.

    Otherwise, you can try something on one form xml:

    1. Go in the view "Relink" of your form library in SharePoint,
    2. Select one form and click on "Relink",
    3. Go to the default view and check if the metadata are correctly populated for this form instance.

     

    Cordially.

    Rémi MATAYRON


    Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 3:10 PM
  • Below are the steps to produce the issue.

     

    Step 1: Please Design infopath form (Form 1)-> Add fields like First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, Emp ID and add submit functioanlity to save the form data on SharePoint.
    Step 2: Promote First Name and Last Name and publish it
    Step 3: Copy the Form 1 and change title and add Dept field. Lets say as Form 2. Add submit functioanlity to save the form data on SharePoint
    Step 4: Promote First Name, Last Name and Phone Number (give similar promoted fields name as Form 1) and publish and deploy both the forms and attach to single form library
    Step 5: Place few requests using both the forms. Add First Name, Last Name and Phone NUmber in the view. For Form 1, Phone Number wont show in the view and for Form 2 it will show. Because Phone NUmber is not promoted in the Form 1.
    Step 6: Next open the Form 1 in the design mode and add dept field and promote other fields like Phone NUmber, EMp ID and Dept
    Step 7: Open Form 2 and promote remaining fields. Give same name for promoted fields as Form 1 and deploy on the server
    Step 8: Deactivate and activate both the forms and try to submit the request for both the forms
    Step 9: Place new request using both the forms and add all the columns in the view (like Emp ID, Dept..)
    Step 10: The data for phone number for Form 1 wont be visible.

    Thanks,
    Shirish Kumar

    Shirish Kumar
    Monday, October 17, 2011 7:10 AM
  • Hi

    Anybody there to help me out from this problem.


    Shirish Kumar
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:22 AM
  • Hi Shirish,

    I have a test in my local server, the phone number can be shown for Form1.

    Please go to Settings->Form library settings, check the phone number column under Columns, check whether there are two phone number columns there, if so, the column will not be shown for Form1.

    Also, try Relink Documents in View drop down list, select all the documents and click Relink Selected Documents, check the result.

    Here is a similar thread that promoted the field with different name and created a calculated column to combine the values as a workaround, you may have a try:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointinfopath/thread/d3fc4c34-b2be-403f-93e9-ef18b98e44cd 

    Thanks,
    Qiao

    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:09 AM
    Moderator