none
Exporting to pdf RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am using rdlc report and report viewer control.When i export the rdlc report to pdf the words written in hindi are not correctly displayed in the pdf.Can anybody tell the solution
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 7:11 AM

All replies

• Hi kjsl2k9,

The report control does not font embed into the PDF. You will need to have the correct fonts installed on the server and the local machine.
    Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:25 PM
  • Hi,
       I had installed the fonts in adobe font directory and using the same in the report (RDLC) .It is working fine while exporting to excel but not working for exporting to pdf.What can be the reason
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:26 AM
  • I am not sure what the issue is if you have the fonts installed on the server and client machines other then you might need to reboot the machines. If you have done that, please file a customer issue at http://connect.microsoft.com and the product team may have more suggestions.
    Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:20 PM
  • Here's the solution from self experience.

After getting all the installations etc., when it fails- now, here's the logical and basic solution where most of the time, it is untouched.

Go to the RDLC file. Go to the exact control(e.g. Textbox) where the Hindi text is displayed. Select Textbox's Propeties > Font > Font Family.
    Select the dropdown to see the available options(fonts).
    Now, here's the trick. Scroll down and choose the font that is meant for Hindi-specific characters.

This should solve the purpose.

Note: If you face problem in finding out the font that matches Hindi, Open MS Word and see the list of available fonts there. You may even see Hindi Characters in the Font Names there. There would be a similarly named font in the RDLC also.

Would be glad to know if it works.
    Regards, Lakra :) - If the post is helpful or answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:41 AM
  • Actually , the difference is like this i want to diplay the word as सिंह but is showing as सािह this is the main problem.The pdf document property is showing the correct hindi font which is same as in the RDLC text box.

Any suggestion for this will be great !
    Friday, May 1, 2009 8:01 AM