none
One VS Project for all WCFs? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to WCF and I want to ask is it advisable or is itok to have all my web services in one Visual Studio project? or I should have a limit of that? I am talking about technical wise, performance wise, etc...

Thanks,

Jassim

Friday, March 3, 2017 11:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In my option, it is OK to create WCF in one project, and whether it is advisable depends on your request.

If all the services are independent, I would suggest you create WCF in independent projects. It is convenience to control the version of WCF and publish. One service broken down would not affect other service.

If you will call one service from another service, I would suggest you create them in one project, one service calling other services, there is a performance hit compared with a direct dll call.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 6, 2017 3:12 AM