none
Visual Studio 2015 to Compile to x64 DNXCore5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

How can I get to compile my DNXCore5 app to x64 in Visual Studio.  I'm getting closer to running it on Linux (I think) but that only has x64 core images apparently.  Yet in Visual Studio if I tell it to compile x64 it just ignores my input and *always* compiles to x86 aqs you can see in the output, it does the same when publishing to local file system.

Nick.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:54 PM

All replies

• I'm trying to figure out how this relates to Windows Containers. Could you provide more information? Thanks.
    Friday, August 28, 2015 6:38 PM
  • I'm publishing it to a Windows Container.... Originally from visual studio, but now I have created one manually as the tools are still in progress. Not entirely sure why you are confused tbh.
    Saturday, August 29, 2015 11:23 AM
  • Maybe I'm using the wrong forum? But the support for both seems to be spread very thinly between several resources. Any suggestions as to where I should be asking this for best support would be greatly appreciated.
    Saturday, August 29, 2015 11:26 AM
  • Nick are you sure the container you have is 64 bit capable?
    Monday, August 31, 2015 6:07 PM
  • This is before even getting it to the container, Visual Studio is stating that it is compiling to x86, no matter what I select and even when publishing to the file system.
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 10:51 AM
  • My understanding is I need my container to be x64 for dnxcore??  So confused right now.
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 10:52 AM
  • Hi,

Is this the same issue you were facing here?

Regards,

Ender

Friday, September 18, 2015 9:35 PM