None of the Management Tools Installed... RRS feed

• Question

• I got SQL Server 2005 CTP (developer edition) as part of Visula Studio 2005 Beta Package. I removed all previous SQL server and Visual Studio stuff including all .NET framework versions completly. Then I installed SQL Server 2005 CTP first and selected all options (including all tools). I did not see any management tools (sql management studio or any other studio). I see all these cool services SQL Server, DTS, Reporting, Analysis etc., but no IDE to interact with what I can do with those services. Then I installed Visual Studio 2005 and it failed SQL Server Express which I do not want any way because I already installed SQL Server 2005. I am able to connect to SQL Server 2005 from Visual Studio, but lack of using real management tools makes all other services useless in SQL Server 2005. I tried to select those tools from advanced installation feature of SQL Server 2005 again and again... it gives error that I have not changed any installation changes and it can not install any tools. This is a mess. Can somebody explain what's going on here please... I greatly appreciate any help to make these tools appear.

Thanks
    - Kiran
    Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:15 PM

Answers

• In the setup directory on the installation CD there are several .MSI files.
    I run SqlRun_Tools.msi and got the Mgmnt tools +
    Friday, June 17, 2005 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I had the same issue. Be sure that no express components are installed on your system. then uninstall sql server and reinstall it again. afterwards you should see the management tools. if you do not you should file a bug on product feedbakcenter about it.
    Thursday, June 16, 2005 8:49 PM
  • Thanks Ralph. As I mentioned, before installing SQL Server 2005, I removed everything related to either SQL Express components or VS or .NET I see in Add/Remove Software. Didn't work.
    Thursday, June 16, 2005 8:56 PM
  • In the setup directory on the installation CD there are several .MSI files.
    I run SqlRun_Tools.msi and got the Mgmnt tools +
    Friday, June 17, 2005 7:04 AM