Keyboard will not work in visual studio RRS feed

• Question

• Keyboard is not working in visual studio 2010

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:10 AM move to a more appropriate forum
    Saturday, April 6, 2013 8:14 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Just to make the issue clearly,

1, When do not  Keyboard work in Visual Studio 2010? Can you clarify the situation? What you have done? What version of VS2010 do you use? Beta2? RC? RTM?

2. Are you getting this issue when you send a keyboard in a test such as unit test and coded UI test?

3. Are there some errors when you send keyboard in VS2010?

4. No matter what type of app or project you are working with, you can't keyboard? or this issue is just for a specific app?

5.If you use keybord on a txt file rather than on VS, will it work fine. If no, I am afraid that you need to check the keybord connection with your machine.

6. I suggest that you can try to restart the machine and run VS as Admin to check if it can help you.

Maybe the issue is related to your VS. I assume that you use Ultimate.

You could locate to the IDE folder then run these commands to check if it can help:

Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files \Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE);

Devenv.exe /SafeMode: Launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.

Devenv.exe /ResetAddin: Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.

Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs: Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.

If still no help, I suggest that you try to repair your VS or reinstall it to check the result.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Amanda Zhu Friday, April 12, 2013 3:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Friday, April 12, 2013 3:02 AM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Just to make the issue clearly,

1, When do not  Keyboard work in Visual Studio 2010? Can you clarify the situation? What you have done? What version of VS2010 do you use? Beta2? RC? RTM?

2. Are you getting this issue when you send a keyboard in a test such as unit test and coded UI test?

3. Are there some errors when you send keyboard in VS2010?

4. No matter what type of app or project you are working with, you can't keyboard? or this issue is just for a specific app?

5.If you use keybord on a txt file rather than on VS, will it work fine. If no, I am afraid that you need to check the keybord connection with your machine.

6. I suggest that you can try to restart the machine and run VS as Admin to check if it can help you.

Maybe the issue is related to your VS. I assume that you use Ultimate.

You could locate to the IDE folder then run these commands to check if it can help:

Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files \Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE);

Devenv.exe /SafeMode: Launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.

Devenv.exe /ResetAddin: Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.

Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs: Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.

If still no help, I suggest that you try to repair your VS or reinstall it to check the result.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Amanda Zhu Friday, April 12, 2013 3:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Friday, April 12, 2013 3:02 AM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 6:55 AM
  • Hello,

Since we haven't heard from you for some time, I temporarily close this case. I mark useful reply as answer. If you have any concerns, please feel free to unmark it to reopen it or submit a new question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Friday, April 12, 2013 2:59 AM