none
Is it advisable to use NGEN? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with the first startup speed for my .NET application although there are not many things happening whole startup and now I want to speed up the speed of it. I have read about NGEN but I am not sure if I should use it or not? cany anyone tell me what are the crons and prons of it? and would you recommend to use NGEN to speedup .NET application first startup or there is another better way?

Thanks,

Jassim

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 10:26 PM

Answers

•  Hi Jassim,

Since I am not 100%clear about your scenario. And the Native Image Generator (Ngen.exe) is a tool that improves the performance of managed applications.  Based on your description, it may depends what real scenario is. 

NGen is essentially a performance optimization, to decide whether it really helps your specific application and scenario. Please refer to some scenarios from MSDN blog:To NGen or Not to NGen?

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 29, 2015 5:46 AM