Sorry, this site has not been shared with you RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have installed SharePoint on a Windows 2012 r2 server (a domain controller) in an Active Directory domain.

I have created a site and populated the documents section with folders and sub-folders and have uploaded files.I created two global security groups in Active Directory: sharepointreadonly (assigned to Site Visitors) and sharepointedit (assigned to Site Members). I populated each group accordingly - sharepointreadonly contains 'domain users', sharepointedit contains 5 user accounts.

I have used the Share command near the right-hand side of the 'ribbon' on the SharePoint site to grant these groups access to the site.

The problem is that even though staff have been made members of the groups they are getting the error message. I have used the permissions section to test individual staff accounts and it shows whether they have edit rights or simple viewing rights. Even after restarting their PC's they still receive the same error message.

Can someone help me fix this, please?

Thanks

Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:21 PM

Answers

• OK, this is fixed.

If I share the site directly to a built-in AD group such as Domain Users or share it to specific user accounts staff can access the site. When I create a custom group and populate it with user accounts or built-in groups access is denied.

Weird! There's obviously something very strange going on here.

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Monday, October 6, 2014 10:49 AM
    Friday, September 26, 2014 8:50 AM

All replies

• SharePoint 2013 does not support being installed on a Domain Controller. Move SharePoint to another server that isn't a DC and see if the issue persists.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:25 PM
  • Thanks - I am aware of this, but we do not have the resources to move the installation to another server.
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:28 PM
  • It'll be difficult to troubleshoot as you'll run into various issues like this and there is no official guidance/resolution.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:29 PM
  • Thanks, Trevor

In the meantime, if anyone else has any suggestions I would be very happy to hear them.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:31 PM
  • You'll need to start off by monitoring the ULS logs while a user is logging in. You may want to set the ULS to Verbose prior to testing. Capture that log file and post it on OneDrive to share it here.

Trevor Seward

Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:33 PM
  • Hi

I agree with Trevor

Activate Hyper-V feature on your server, and install another virtual machines to be compliant

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:52 PM
  • Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help.

Here's the link:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B3893905C8D89527!202&authkey=!ANNmATxuqeqSKbo&ithint=file%2czip

The user first appears in the log at 09/18/2014 14:47:50.03  (Line 18135)

If you or anyone else would like further information please ask.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 2:03 PM
  • OK, this is fixed.

If I share the site directly to a built-in AD group such as Domain Users or share it to specific user accounts staff can access the site. When I create a custom group and populate it with user accounts or built-in groups access is denied.

Weird! There's obviously something very strange going on here.

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Monday, October 6, 2014 10:49 AM
    Friday, September 26, 2014 8:50 AM