none
Application registration portal for OneDrive

Question

• I am adding one drive for business capability to our application. The application already supports onedrive. 

In my test portal, I see all applications under "My applications". I create a new app under it and this app can be used for the old OAUTHV2 APIs and Microsoft graph apis.

In my production portal, the applications are grouped under sdk applications and converged applications. An app created under converged applications does not support the old one drive APIs but does support the graph APIs.

I also do not see an option to create any other kind of applications. 

How can I create an application in the production portal , which will support both onedrive APIs and graph APIs?

Friday, February 9, 2018 8:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You could access OneDrive data with Microsoft Graph API directly, you could check below official guideline for more details.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/developer/rest-api/getting-started/app-registration

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/developer/rest-api/

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:23 AM
  • I have already made changes as per the links you have provided .

The test applications are created under the "My applications" , and these support both APIs. This is what is described in your first link. 

Repeating what was described in my initial question here:-

In production , I cannot create an application unless it is grouped under sdk apps or converged apps. 

Microsoft graph APIs dont recognize the app created under sdk applications. 

I can use graph API with an app created under converged applications, but for these apps, the old one drive apis don't work. I am migrating to microsoft graph APIs in production but need to create an app which can support both since I am ramping it up and not switching over completely to allow for minimal client impact. 

• Edited by Shabinaz Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:45 PM
    Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:02 PM
  • Please reply to my question. The answer posted for my original question did not address any of my concerns at all. It looked like an automatic reply based on the terms used in my question. 

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 7:07 PM