none
Signature CLR2V3 Error with windows form based VB.net application after installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Dear Guys, I just got one SDK for one company that deals with biometric solutions. I started work with that SDK and make a little windows form based application to communicate with finger print machine using this SDK provided with the help of my Visual Studio 2010. But when i just installed this application on client computer it gave me error. I triend with second computer of the client and got again the same error.Then i tried it on my own computer it worked fine.

Here are the error details i get

------------------------------------------------------------

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : project1.exe     P2 : 2.1.4597.5757    
    P3 : 5019c61f     P4 : project1     P5 : 2.1.4597.5757     P6 : 5019c61f    
    P7 : b     P8 : e9     P9 : system.invalidoperationexception

Here you can find the url for the image

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/w75as.jpg[/IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------

On my pc following configuration are:

Windows xp

Visual Studio 2010

SQL Server 2008

SDK for the biometric solutions

-----------------------------------------------------------

On the other pcs where i installed it

Windows xp

SDK for the bio metric solutions

.net framework 2.0 (i installed)

.net framework 3.5 sp1 (i installed)

----------------------------------------------------------

I am in a ver y big problem, you help will be appreciated

Thanks

• Moved by Mark Liu-lxf Friday, August 3, 2012 7:28 AM (From:Visual Basic General)
    Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:04 PM

All replies

• If it's not reproducable on the development machine, implement exception handling in your code and log all exception details to find the location.

"But when i just installed this application on client computer it gave me error."  Did the installation process give the error or after starting the installed application?

Armin

Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:44 PM
  • As I am new bie, can you please be more specific. I can not use try and catch blocks because it's a very long code there. I will be thanks
    Thursday, August 2, 2012 1:57 PM
  • Try..catch works independently from the length of the code. 

Wrap the try..catch block around the whole code in each thread's main procedure like this:

Shared Sub Main()

Try
              'code goes here
          Catch ex As Exception
             'log exception details here
          End Try

End Sub

If you only have one thread and if you use the Application Framework, handle the UnhandledException event. Open the project properties, application tab, button "application events". A code window opens. At the top left combo, select MyApplication, in the top right UnHandledException. An event handler gets created. Log the exception details there, probably to a file. For example:

IO.File.WriteAllText("D:\tmp\exception.txt", e.Exception.ToString)

As soon as the exception occurs on the target machine, have a look at the log file. It contains a stack trace that should point you to the error line.

Armin

Thursday, August 2, 2012 3:25 PM
  • Hi fariad22,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Your issue has more relationship with CLR. I’d like to move this thread to Common Language Runtime forum. It will cost a little time to involve the members in this forum. I appreciate your patience.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day.

Mark Liu-lxf [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, August 3, 2012 7:27 AM